CNET Editors' note: Assuming that "Check Update" is checked in FStream > Preferences > Miscellaneous, then the app should prompt you to download the last update when you launch it.
CNET Editors' review
FStream is a free, fast-launching app for listening to and recording Internet radio. If you don't want to open iTunes or some other more full-featured application when you play Internet radio, FStream can be a good alternative--and its very small resource footprint can help you avoid networking issues sometimes caused by more bloated apps. This application has a slim, unobtrusive interface, and you can even run it directly from the menu bar. FStream can play OGG Vorbis, AAC/AAC+, MP3, and WMA, and it can handle MMS over HTTP as well as M3U, PLS, and ASX playlists. It can also record to MP3, AIFF, AAC, and WAV.
FStream comes preloaded with Shoutcast and iTunes stations, along with a fittingly Continental selection from FStream's indie French developer. FStream also comes with nice little extras, such as support for Growl notifications and Apple Remote, the ability to speak the name and tags for a station, and the option to either mute a station or pause it for time-shifting. Not surprising for a DIY app like this, FStream is still a little rough around the edges, with some misspelled dialog boxes and occasional unpredictability, but it succeeds at its core purpose and offers a good value.
FStream is a little WebRadio listener/recorder software that allow you to listen and record webradio.
- Decodes OGG Vorbis (via HTTP) - AAC/AAC+ (via HTTP) - MP3 (via HTTP) - WMA (via MMS/MMSH - ASF) audio format;
- Encodes streams to MP3 - AAC - AIFF - WAV;
- Recognition of M3U - PLS - ASX playlists;
- Support for Apple Remote;
- Uses up very little CPU;
- Simple and customizable interface;
- Strong recognition of streams (IceCast, ShoutCast, ...);
- Access preselected lists like ShoutCast and SourceMac.
What's new in this version: OS X.9 Compatibility.
More Products to Consider
- Record streaming MP3 audio from Shoutcast, Icecast, and other I...
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Cocoa wrapper for the Pandora music project.
- Find, listen to and record internet radio.
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Set up scheduled recordings from Shoutcast-compatible Internet ...
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Listen to and record Internet radio, get album artwork and 1-cl...
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- Virtual audio patchbay.
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Create MP3 libraries, burn CDs, and download music to your iPod...
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Download random songs from iTunes directly to your PSP handheld...
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- Stream music, save to playlists, play anywhere, powered by YouT...
- Listen to free Internet radio.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 15 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1