Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a premium malware scanner to clean and protect your PC from viruses, spyware, trojans, bots, adware and worms. It uses 2 major scan engines (Emsisoft's own one + BitDefender antivirus) to find more than 10 million different types of malicious software. Keep your PC clean with the included File Guard and Behavior Blocker features that effectively stop all new infections. The Surf Protection additionally blocks access to fraudulent and dangerous websites.
Emsisoft Anti-Malware was awarded as best in test of AV-Comparatives Real-World Protection tests and MRG-Effitas Realworld Tests. Many other independent tests since then like VB100 and MRG-Effitas best performer in all zero-day malware tests 2011, 2012 and 2013, confirm the world class level in virus detection.
The Emsisoft Anti-Malware realtime protection uses 3 layers to protect your PC against new infections:
* The signature based scan by the dualengine catches known dangers immediately when they try to run or are being downloaded from web. New malware definitions (signatures) updates are available at least 24 times per day.
* With the awarded unique behavior based malware detection, all running programs are monitored all the time. As soon as a program does something suspicious, it is stopped and alerted. Providing you the ability to interrupt unwanted actions. That provides extra security against new and unknown threats that others can't catch.
* The surf protection prevents you from surfing to malware spreading and fraudulent websites.
Extras: Emsisoft Anti-Malware holds plenty of advanced options for experts to detect and delete malware manually.
Conclusion: Emsisoft Anti-Malware is a comprehensive tool to detect all types of Malware, Viruses and Spyware.
What's new in this version:
- Improved behavior blocking rule processing.
- Improved handling of objects infected by multiple malware.
- Fixed an issue with repeated downloads of specific updates.
- Fixed a problem with removal of specific cookies.
- Fixed a wrong behavior of the licensing system.
- Fixed bug "A major problem has prevented the application from starting".
- Fixed a bug that prevented resetting of certain registry value names under HKU.
- Surf Protection... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Detect and remove spyware, malware, rootkits, trojans, hijacker...
- Detect and remove malware from your PC manually.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Protect your PC from harmful threats.
- Clean infected computers with a collection of repair tools.
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your personal computer against virus and spyware attack...
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Protect your PC against viruses, spyware, Trojans, worms, rootk...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Scan your Registry and hard drive for spyware.
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- Protect your Windows PC from online threats.
All versions:3.6 stars
out of 120 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Emsisoft Anti-Malware 184.108.40.206
non invasive, easy on system resources. easy to use and configure. even on an old dual processor system that has run for 8+ years!
deep scan scan time runs 5 to 6 hours on this old dinosaur. otherwise there are no cons.
totally sold on emsisoft anti-malware and have used it since before they changed the name to anti malware from emsisoft anti-virus. it simply works very well. have used most of the other av programs available and it has used far less resources than any of the others. avg, trend micro and norton especially. none of them work as well. emsisoft anti-malware used with spybot sd is the reason i have had 8+ years of use on this machine. can't thank you folks enough. new machine is sitting behind me, built, ready to boot up. it too will use emsisoft anti-malware.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: