CNET Editors' review
Creating strong passwords is easy, but remembering them is something else entirely; the very characteristics that make passwords hard to crack also make them hard to remember. That's where password managers come in. Efficient Password Manager Free Portable promises to store your passwords and even help you create new, stronger ones. Best of all, it lives on your USB drive or other portable device, ensuring that your passwords are always handy.
Efficient Password Manager has a plain and attractive interface that reminded us a bit of Microsoft Office. The program comes with a built-in Help file, but we didn't need to consult it; a few minutes of exploring was all it took to figure things out. Efficient Password Manager has places to store software registration codes, e-mail account information, and FTP account information, as well as log-ins for other Web sites. The Favorite URLs menu gives you quick access to the passwords you use the most, and a search feature makes it easy to find your less used information. Of course, all of this information is protected by a master password, and you'd better be careful with it; if you forget it, you lose access to everything you've stored within Efficient Password Manager. We liked it that the program is capable of copying your username or password to the clipboard, making it easy to insert lengthy passwords where you need them instead of typing them out. The password generator lets users specify the type and number of characters to use, allowing users to create more complex passwords as needed. Overall, we thought that Efficient Password Manager Free Portable was a smart and easy-to-use solution to the perpetual problem of password management, and we recommend it.
Efficient Password Manager Free Portable installs and uninstalls without issues.
Efficient Password Manager allows you to manage your different passwords.It can help you remember generic passwords, software registration codes, e-mail account passwords, etc. All your password information is protected and encrypted.
More Products to Consider
- Protect your PC against the latest viruses and spyware.
- Protect your computer from viruses and malicious programs.
- Detect and quickly remove malicious threats to your computer.
- Scan and remove the deepest malware that your antivirus/antispy...
- Provide secure, anonymous, and private browsing on Wi-Fi hotspo...
- Search your hard disk and Registry for threats to your security...
- Login everywhere automatically, so you'll never need to remembe...
- Modify locked Microsoft PowerPoint 2007/2010/2013 presentations...
- Store your credentials securely via sophisticated encryption.
- Detect and eliminate viruses, get free protection for home user...
- Play MPEG-4 movies with AAC sound with latest version of Apple'...
- Secure desktops and lock computers on the network.
- Surf the Web with the latest Microsoft browser for Windows XP o...
- Protect PC from viruses, Trojans, worms, buffer overflows, zero...
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Connect and share instantly on the worlds most popular IM netwo...
- Guard your Windows PC from malware and Internet based attacks.
- Mask your E-mail address, phone number, or credit card in Firef...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Generate, memorize, and use unpredictable passwords on the Web.
- Protect yourself from infected sites.
- Download and exchange files safely, enjoy games and Web surfing...
- Manage and save usernames and passwords for multiple account ty...
- Monitor, filter, and control all computer activities of your ch...
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-4 of 4
"I'm not too sure about software from China ! Privacy ?"
Version: Efficient Password Manager Free Portable 3.10 Build 327
There is no pro for me
I have no trust in software from China
"Love the encrypted text editor."
Version: Efficient Password Manager Free Portable 1.67 build 99
Very nice text editor. Simple quick and secure. You can change the location of your .epm AutoBackup file at any time. Heaps of other features if you want them. It's free.
Inside the program you can "attach" other files to your secure .epm file, however they are NOT encrypted, NORE secure. You can easily find and open them inside the program's sub-folders (< MyPwd.epm.attach >). Not very smart.
I really only use the text editor, it's a nice one which is rare in a password manager. Shame about the insecure attachments, but I can manage without that. (I also use TrueCrypt, another excellent free prog). Just a few tips here to get started. Your secure .epm file is saved by default to the "Documents" sub-folder inside the program's main folder. An additional back-up of your .epm file is saved near by in thePardon my english, when I said "text editor", I really meant "word processor".
AutoBackup folder. You can choose a different location for BOTH of these which is handy. If at some time you want to create a NEW file,
just cancel the password request box when it appears, and click NEW in the box that follows. It is here that you can nominate a different save location for your main default .epm file. This is done while "outside" the program. For the AutoBackup .epm file, you can change it's default save location any time while inside the program, via Options. The new location will then apply to ALL .epm backup files. For saved "attachments", the default location is < EfficientPasswordManager-Port\Documents\MyPwd.epm.attach\ >, but these files will follow any change you make to the main default .epm file location. Hope this helps. There's also a full install version available, they're both reliable. Can't say the same for TrueCrypt portable tho, it can get a bit wobbly. If you try that one, best to rely on the full install version of that prog. At the end of the day I would strongly suggest NEVER putting all your faith, and files and passwords, in the hands of any ONE program, free or paid-up. It's just too risky if something goes wrong. Best to save your critical stuff across 2 different programs at least, to save yourself some possible grief down the track. < http://www.efficientpim.com/download.htm. >
Updated on Mar 19, 2011
Updated on Mar 19, 2011Sorry, when I said "text editor", I really meant "word processor".
"Good program password keeper"
Version: Efficient Password Manager Free Portable 1.65 build 90
Shut password under pass.
Easy and intuitive interface
nothing to say at this regard
For all users
"Good program that lets you store all your passwords"
Version: Efficient Password Manager Free Portable 1.63 build 88
Easy interface, very great!! All our password are stored an closed with password.
The program can also create complicated passwords
nothing at all, at this moment.
I recommand this software for all the users.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content