From Eclipse Foundation:
Open source software development project dedicated to providing a robust, full-featured, commercial-quality, industry platform for the development of highly integrated tools.
The Eclipse project is composed of three subprojects, Platform, Java development tools (JDT), and Plug-in development environment (PDE). The Eclipse Platform is an open extensible IDE for anything and yet nothing in particular. It allows tool builders to independently develop tools that integrate with other people's tools so seamlessly you can't tell where one tool ends and another starts. The JDT project provides the tool plug-ins that implement a full-featured Java IDE supporting the development of any Java application, providing refactoring support, incremental compilation, smart editing etc. The JDT project allows Eclipse to be a development environment for itself. The PDE project provides the mechanisms that enable the community to build plug-ins for eclipse.
The Eclipse SDK includes the Eclipse Platform, Java development tools, and Plug-in Development Environment, including source and both user and programmer documentation.
What's new in this version: A Read Me file for the new version can be found here.
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Updates Java components.
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Affinic Debugger Graphical User Interface (GDB) for Mac OS X.
- Manage business database applications.
- MySQL graphical shell.
- Versatile text editor.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.
- Analyze snort logs.
- Java web application framework.
- Java applet that provides PGP functions.
- SQL database management tool.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Extension for SQLite, REAL Server, REALbasic, SQLiteManager.
- Simpler XML export from FCP.