CNET Editors' review
Sure, Photoshop and its many clones do it all, but most of the time we just want a fast, easy-to-use tool for resizing or renaming a batch of images, or converting formats. Kevin Schneider's Easy Image Modifier fits that bill. It does those basic tasks and also modifies image borders, flips and rotates images, adds watermarks, and more. Easy Image Modifier is compact, portable, and (best of all) free. Recent updates include support for IFF images.
Easy Image Modifier opened with a Help-Get Started dialog describing the program's four steps: 1) Load images; 2) Configure Settings; 3) Begin Process; and 4) Result. A tool tip noted that many items in Easy Image Modifier also show text tips when you hover the cursor over them. Clicking OK closed the welcome screen and uncovered the main interface, which is also a dialog, with a menu bar, navigation sidebar, main window, and Load Image, Load Folder, and Process buttons. The Advanced Help menu includes extras like Wildcards, Placeholders, and Tips and Tricks. The sidebar menu lists Easy Image Modifier's Editing tools: Rotate/Flip, Resize, Add Padding, and Add Watermark; plus Sort, Edit File Properties, Change Format (JPG, PNG, BMP), and Rename -- everything we need.
We added some images. Easy Image Modifier has a neat way of displaying a selected item's thumbnail in a pop-up view next to the file list. Each tool proved easy to use. For example, the padding tool let us pad the image border to a chosen resolution (up to 1024 x 768) with a choice of filling: color, transparency, or pixel resolution. There is no fruit or cream filling, but clicking Color opened the next best thing, a yummy color picker. Our images processed super-quickly and appeared in the default Output folder on the desktop -- one of many options we could access in Easy Image Modifier's Settings, including EXIF, window, and after-processing options. This is an awesome little tool that can tackle some big jobs, but we especially like the way it makes quick work of day-to-day image editing tasks.
From Kevin Schneider:
Easy Image Modifier allows you to modify batches of images quickly to be sent via email, posted on the Internet or just for archiving purposes. Easy Image Modifier offers many interesting features: You can change the dimension of your images (fixed value for width and height or by percent), flip or rotate them, rename the file, add a watermark text and also choose to convert the file format. Even advanced options such as the removal of personal identifiable Meta information, filtering after certain conditions, disproportional resizing, customizable image quality, sorting and much more are comfortably set up. The new image and processing preview serves as an intuitive aid.
What's new in this version: Version 4.72 has added loading support for the IFF image format and reworked French translation.
More Products to Consider
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Extract multiple attachments from Outlook.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Capture and display the cookies of your Web browser.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- View and analyze the content of CSV or tab-delimited file creat...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Provide detailed report about the crashed applications.
- Resize, convert, and rotate JPEG, GIF, and BMP images in batch ...
- Crop any part of a picture.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
All versions:2.5 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Feature Limited Editor"
Version: Easy Image Modifier 4.5
Couldn't find any here.
If you want an editor, try GIMP .. more features and it's not feature limited as the 'Free' version is here.
Look elsewhere for a better editor.
"My search for a good compressor is over!!!"
Version: Easy Image Modifier 4.0
You can add a whole folder of photos with the greatest of ease, and very quickly shrink them all in one go. That to me is the prime feature of this product.
I'd like to see a bigger range of compression percentages.
In my search for a fast and easy to use photo compressor for archiving, I've looked at many and tried a few. Most didn't meet my requirements, some were quite good, but this one is the best overall for its ease of use, its speed, and of course it is free.While this is another of my "can't do without" progs, the 28 September 2012 update from 4.5 to 4.7 would not work for me. After 3 attempts I was left with 4.5 on completion. Furthermore my emails to report the problem to the developer bounced, which makes me fear the worst. But I was able to get the latest version by doing an uninstall and then a new install.
Updated on Oct 29, 2012