CNET Editors' reviewThis educational program brings a plethora of geographic information right to your desktop. After launching Earth Explorer DEM, you're greeted by a 3D view of the Earth. To the right of the globe sits a table of information on countries, cities, and islands. Clicking an entry spins the globe to the appropriate location. Mousing over the location displays political data such as population, size, and capital. You can zoom in or out, calculate distances, and change the globe's rotation. Earth Explorer also can display features such as rivers, major cities, and recent earthquakes. The demo version restricts you to a far-off view of the surface, but the registered version provides resolution down to 1km per pixel. Even at low resolutions, we experienced noticeable delays on a Pentium III-class machine. Those quibbles aside, both students and geography-curious folks will find this application a fun and interactive way to learn about the world.
Earth Explorer DEM integrates high resolution shaded relief topographic imagery and seveal kinds of map information together to provide a total 3D view of our beautiful planet earth. Besides the vector map layers such as political boundaries, costlines, islands, lakes and lat/lon grids, Earth Explorer DEM also provides four types of point maps including 267 countries and regions, 40000+ ranked cities, 15000+ islands and 1700+ noteworthy. Version 3.5 improved location list display and the ability to add user's location list.
More Products to Consider
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Browse the Earth's surface with amazing imagery and extensive g...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Create a solar system model on your PC.
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Learn to type while playing Breakout.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Track sunsets and sunrises in different timezones.
- Place images from specified SharePoint Image Library on any web...
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Turn a small piece of farmland into a thriving ranch.
- Show images thumbnails for the SharePoint document libraries.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Earth Explorer DEM 3.5
Easy to use and some useful tools.
Other applications of this type are cheaper and give more detail. Google earth is much, much better with more information available. Not easy to contact outside of e-mail and they do not answer their e-mails. The big draw back is they do not honor their guarentee.