CNET Editors' reviewThis educational program brings a plethora of geographic information right to your desktop. After launching Earth Explorer DEM, you're greeted by a 3D view of the Earth. To the right of the globe sits a table of information on countries, cities, and islands. Clicking an entry spins the globe to the appropriate location. Mousing over the location displays political data such as population, size, and capital. You can zoom in or out, calculate distances, and change the globe's rotation. Earth Explorer also can display features such as rivers, major cities, and recent earthquakes. The demo version restricts you to a far-off view of the surface, but the registered version provides resolution down to 1km per pixel. Even at low resolutions, we experienced noticeable delays on a Pentium III-class machine. Those quibbles aside, both students and geography-curious folks will find this application a fun and interactive way to learn about the world.
Earth Explorer DEM integrates high resolution shaded relief topographic imagery and seveal kinds of map information together to provide a total 3D view of our beautiful planet earth. Besides the vector map layers such as political boundaries, costlines, islands, lakes and lat/lon grids, Earth Explorer DEM also provides four types of point maps including 267 countries and regions, 40000+ ranked cities, 15000+ islands and 1700+ noteworthy. Version 3.5 improved location list display and the ability to add user's location list.
More Products to Consider
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View topographic maps and geo-code them to specific latitude an...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Plot multiple locations on the United States Map.
- View, read, and convert EPub eBooks.
- View a relaxing winter scene on your desktop screensaver.
- Browse the Earth's surface with amazing imagery and extensive g...
- Look at the beautiful places that our planet gives us, enjoy th...
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Pilot rocket ship and land it on various surfaces.
- Allow you to perform a live saving operation on your Windows PC...
- Make your photo more attractive blending it onto a landscape pi...
- Read and Listen the Quran in many languages, with famous recite...
- Generates various USPS barcodes.
- Exercise your typing fingers with practice lessons and entertai...
- Add colors to black-and-white images and replace them.
- Store, manage, and organize your projects, Web pages, computer ...
- Convert ePub, HTML, XML files to PDF file.
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: Earth Explorer DEM 3.5
Easy to use and some useful tools.
Other applications of this type are cheaper and give more detail. Google earth is much, much better with more information available. Not easy to contact outside of e-mail and they do not answer their e-mails. The big draw back is they do not honor their guarentee.