CNET Editors' review
Dupin for Mac allows you to quickly search your iTunes library for duplicate items using filters such as name, artist, album, time, and size, making it easier for you to manage duplicate audio and video items. The app performs well and comes with an accessible interface and excellent functionality. If you have a large iTunes library, you'll love it.
Dupin for Mac searches your iTunes library and identifies duplicates in no time. You'll like the ability to refine your results by date added, highest and lowest bit rate, most and least played, and file size, as it helps you to identify the tracks with the best audio quality. The filter options menu lets you further refine what tracks you would like to keep from your list by allowing you to set bit rate and file extension rules. When we tested the app with an iTunes library containing 34 duplicate items, it took less than a minute to populate file details, making it quite fast according to our standards. Two other nice features: you can export the duplicate item details as a text file, and you can quickly delete duplicate files such as dead tracks.
Dupin for Mac's sorting options, performance, and versatility make it one of the best iTunes duplicate finders available. If you have a large collection of music and want to be able to sort it more easily, this app is definitely for you.
Editors' note: This is a review of the trial version of Dupin for Mac 2.7.4
From Doug's AppleScripts:
Dupin is your iTunes duplicates manager. Dupin finds sets of duplicate tracks in iTunes based on the criteria you choose. It can then automatically select the "Keeper" tracks from among the duplicates using a variety of versatile filter options. Dupin is flexible, fast, and easy to use.
What's new in this version:
- Fixes issue with "Show in Finder"
- Restores shortcuts for Library and Music library playlists in Playlist Popup
- Improvements to Library Profile help tool
- Addresses very rare issue accessing home folder that has been installed elsewhere
- OS X 10.9 Mavericks accommodations
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch and remix MP3s or music videos live.
- Play nearly any audio or video file without additional codecs.
- Save YouTube and Vimeo videos in MP3 format.
- YouTube video player and downloader.
- Universal, highly tweakable DVD/video ripper and converter.
- Analyze your music collection and build playlists.
- Convert MPC, APE, WV, FLAC, OGG, WMA, AIFF, WAV and Video to MP...
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- View the iTunes store's top songs, albums, and new releases.
- View current top 10, 25, 50, or 100 iTunes songs, albums, and n...
- Learn to play an instrument, write music, record a song.
- Automate ripping and encoding CD tracks as MPEG-4 audio files.
- Manage multiple iTunes libraries.
- Manage your music and movie libraries on your Mac, iPod, iPhone...
- Transfer your iTunes music between your computers, or from your...
- Record your favorite Internet radio broadcasts as separate song...
- Switch Mac audio file format converter. Convert between over 40...
- Search and create your wishlist of songs.
- Transfer songs from your iPod back to your computer.
- Convert WMA, WMV files to MP3 format.
- ITunes menu bar control, able to set streams or playlists as pr...
- All-around scheduling application.
- Digital video editing system.
- Music creation and audio production.
All versions:3.4 stars
out of 7 votes
Current version:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Slow with large libraries/many dupes"
Version: Dupin 2.7.4
Found and removed my dupes, as well as dead tracks.
Took hours to run against an iTunes library of 26,000 items (half just dead tracks). Failed to re-create playlists as advertised.
Does the basics, but there are better and cheaper options out there.