CNET Editors' reviewThis program gives you easy access to files and folders in your local drives and the knack to create virtual drives. Negating hot-key access, Drive lets you select and open drives from its menu suitably placed in the system tray. Its virtual drive creator lets you assign letters (for example, drive names) to folders, so rather than sifting through individual folders, important documents and files become as handy as your hard drive. You can choose to have the contents of each drive displayed in the My Computer format or the Windows Explorer layout. This application also lets you configure your CD-ROM settings to open, browse, and run data or audio CDs at insertion or upon a mouse click. Drive also provides direct launching of your Windows disk cleanup, defragmenter, and scandisk. To sum it up, this 14-day trial utility provides users with time-saving management over several drives and folders.
Drive is a great Windows-based, full-featured pop-up drive browser, virtual drive creator, CD autorunner, and much more. You are able to get a fast access to your drives at any time. Floppy disks, hard disks, CD drives, network drives, virtual drives, etc. are supported. You are able to open your drive contents in the My Computer style windows, browse drives in the Windows Explorer or play/run your CDs from the system tray. Now you can open, browse, run, or play your drives and disks automatically. In addition to that, Drive also allows you to create and remove either permanent or temporary virtual drives!
What's new in this version:
- Increased the maximum number of drives which can be listed on the pop-up drive menu (from 24 to 26).
- Modified the source code a bit.
- Fixed the size problem of the program icons used in the splash screen and "About Drive" window.
- Corrected some spelling mistakes in the documentation and "Add Virtual Drive" window.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Browse multiple Internet Explorer windows at once with various ...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Block pop-ups, magnify your browser, and save all images on a p...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Play audio CDs on your computer.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Predict HDD crashes before they happen, and be alerted of them ...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Automate ejection of discs from your computer.
- Get on-screen or system tray control for your CD-ROM drives.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Surf in peace with this pop-up window stopper.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Use a short-key combination to hide and restore one or all runn...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Keep your confidential data encrypted and access it from any ap...
- Check calendar dates without opening resource-intensive applica...
- Recover deleted and erased data.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1