CNET Editors' reviewThis program gives you easy access to files and folders in your local drives and the knack to create virtual drives. Negating hot-key access, Drive lets you select and open drives from its menu suitably placed in the system tray. Its virtual drive creator lets you assign letters (for example, drive names) to folders, so rather than sifting through individual folders, important documents and files become as handy as your hard drive. You can choose to have the contents of each drive displayed in the My Computer format or the Windows Explorer layout. This application also lets you configure your CD-ROM settings to open, browse, and run data or audio CDs at insertion or upon a mouse click. Drive also provides direct launching of your Windows disk cleanup, defragmenter, and scandisk. To sum it up, this 14-day trial utility provides users with time-saving management over several drives and folders.
Drive is a great Windows-based, full-featured pop-up drive browser, virtual drive creator, CD autorunner, and much more. You are able to get a fast access to your drives at any time. Floppy disks, hard disks, CD drives, network drives, virtual drives, etc. are supported. You are able to open your drive contents in the My Computer style windows, browse drives in the Windows Explorer or play/run your CDs from the system tray. Now you can open, browse, run, or play your drives and disks automatically. In addition to that, Drive also allows you to create and remove either permanent or temporary virtual drives!
What's new in this version:
- Increased the maximum number of drives which can be listed on the pop-up drive menu (from 24 to 26).
- Modified the source code a bit.
- Fixed the size problem of the program icons used in the splash screen and "About Drive" window.
- Corrected some spelling mistakes in the documentation and "Add Virtual Drive" window.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Set your alarm clock and replace your standard tray clock using...
- Access and use most commonly used programs.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Manage your electronic catalogue of coins in a simple way.
- Keep clipped text archived on the Clipboard.
- Transform data into dynamic reports delivering actionable infor...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Set wallpaper on computer setups with more than one screen.
- Resize one or many image files with a right-click.
- Set timer up to remind yourself of any specific events.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Display a longhorn system tray clock.
- Recover your Windows CD key for reinstall or repair.
- Expand your clipboard capabilities to perform more actions.
- Copy, rename, and delete files between folders and computers.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1