CNET Editors' reviewIn this Tetris variation, drops of color fall from the sky. When they hit matching drops, they merge to form blobs. However, you have to do more than build up matching colors to remove the blobs--you must embed two stars into different parts of the blob to detonate it. If you drop a star onto a portion that already has a star, the falling one explodes and leaves the blob as it was. You don't need to wait for a drop or a star to fall into your beaker. Just use the up arrow to grab the prize, the left and right arrows to aim, and the down arrow to dump it. Because the drips fall randomly, you have to be quick and strategic to beat the clock with a clear-enough board. Though the game feels comfortably familiar, Drippy adds enough novelty and challenge to please most arcade-puzzle gamers.
From Screaming Duck Software:
Drippy is an addictive puzzle game that's a bit hard to describe because of its originality. It's not Tetris, it's not Columns, it's not Puzzle Bobble--but it's a simple-enough concept. Catch colored drips in your beaker and sort them into big gooey blobs. Drop stars into each blob; with two stars, the blob explodes. The bigger the blob, the more points you get for blowing it up. The game is simple and addictive. You'll soon be using Drippy catch phrases such as, "Orange. What do you mean, orange?" and "No, not there." It appears to suck time into some kind of black hole. Drippy can be played with the keyboard or the mouse. Included is an easy-to-follow tutorial mode explaining the game as you play.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Roll the dice and select letters to make your word from the eig...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Drag seashells around to arrange groups of identical shells.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Create, print, and solve engaging and brain-teasing puzzles.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Fight battles between plants and zombies.
- Create, analyze, and solve Sudoku puzzles.
- Create, print, and test your own Japanese puzzles.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Play thematic crossword puzzles and create your custom crosswor...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Create jigsaw puzzles and image effects.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Create, play, and send jigsaw puzzles created from your picture...
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play and experience hacking files, memory, and systems.
- Connect contiguous tiles to generate English or French words.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.