From Interstudio S.r.l.:
Domus.Cad is an architectural 3D CAD program. It is a tool for the design and modeling of architecture, interor, landscape, and urban spaces. With Domus.Cad you can immediately begin to create three-dimensional elements without needing to start from a two-dimensional plan. Elements such as walls, floors, roofs, and stairs are created from the onset in their full three-dimensional form. Watch the 3D model change in real time as you design in plan. Domus.Cad's strong 3D capabilities are matched by its equally impressive array of 2D CAD tools. This makes it just as easy to produce a full set of presentation and construction documents as it is to create the architectural model itself. Program Characteristics:
- - Interactive architectural design and walkthroughs in real time!
- - 6 user graphic interface themes
- - Fast interactive renderer and accurate raytracing renderer
- - 3d extrusions, piping and rotational surfaces and volumes from any polygon Quadrangular and triangulare mesh-type elements
- - Fill vectorial tiles for creating personalized fills
- - Performing easy cost/quantity estimates
- - Internal multiple-sheet paging with preview function
- - Imports in Copy and Paste, PICT, TIF, JPG, GIF, PNG, DXF 2D, DXF 3D, DWG and Art*lantis formats
- - Exports in Copy and Paste, PICT, QuickDraw 3D MetaFile, DXF 2D, DXF 3D, DWG, Art*lantis and AREF formats (AREF format allows exchange of data with other Interstudio programs)
- - Automatic fusion of walls and other 3D elements
- - Automatically generated sections, elevations, axons, and perspectives that can be modified directly inside the program.
- - Generate Demolition/Construction Overlay
- - L, U, Z and spiral stairs generation
- - Stair railings
- - Sun light depending on date and hour
- - Ability to organize elements by names, categories, and sets
- - Automatic generation of floors inside rooms
- - Automatic generation of floors and roofs structures
- - Automatic interactive dimensions
- - Multiple undo-redo
- - Automatic backup
- - Expandable entourage libraries
- - Externally programmable in C and C++
What's new in this version:
- Vectorial rendering, the new vectorial rendering engine allows the user to obtain editable elevations, sections, perspectives, axonometries and in a way as the interactive 3D view, generating high quality and very detailed drawings, colored with the same colors as the interactive 3D view.
- New graphic interface, the palettes are functionally modified and re-arranged, grouping icons with similar functions.
- 3DS import-export, this option allows the Domus.Cad users to ... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create and process PDF documents.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Navigational control center.
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- Design home and office interiors on Mac.
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Reduce size of InDesign links; convert colors, formats & more.
- Batch process images.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Capture stop frame animation, motion design and special effects...
- Create various architectural designs.
- Create 3D graphics and animations.
- Burn CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs on your Mac.
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- Automate printing and exporting from InDesign.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Photoshop plugin sharpens out-of-focus images.
- Work with CDR files on your Mac.
- Download videos and transfer to mobile devices.
- 3D modeling, rendering, animation.
- 3D polygon to 2D vector line converter.
- Quickly build perspective grids and other utilities for drawing...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Easy to use and learn, cheap ArchiCad for 1/4 the price"
Version: Domus.Cad 15.0.3
It operates the way my architect's brain operates with walls and spaces not cubes that you push and pull. It has parametric 3D moderling, easy to produce your own content, associative dimensions. Good 3D rendering, export to Artlantis or Cheetah 3D
Not as powerful as ArchiCAD or Vectorworks but at the price I will forgive it.
Something has to suffer at this price, mainly the manual, which is added as each version is released, needs consolidating.
Window reveals types are too restrictive.
Really easy to use and understand.
Very easy layer system especially if you are used to AutoCAD type clumsy system.
Very easy to manufacture your own parametric 3D components like windows/doors.
It can easily adapt to non-conformist geometry in walls which most parametric modelers baulk at.
Overall an exceptionally good package for the price.
.80-90% functionality of Archicad for 1/4 the price is a good buy.
Excellent support via e-mail
Version: Domus.Cad 14.1.2