CNET Editors' review
Dolphinity Organiser is a sleek program for organizing both personal and business projects. It's not particularly intuitive, especially if you haven't already used similar programs, but it functions well enough as a basic organizer.
The program's interface is quite attractive and is reminiscent of Microsoft Office 2007 products. While Dolphinity Organiser is fairly easy to navigate, it wasn't immediately obvious what the program did. Terms like "group," "todo," and "task" seem simple on the surface but are actually somewhat vague. It turns out that users create groups and subgroups; for example, a user may create a Home group and within that perhaps a Kitchen Renovation group. Within each group users can schedule both tasks and to-do items: Tasks, it seems, are items of a more on-going nature, while to-do items are one-time things. You can also make notes of locations, contacts, agreements, and more. It lacked the one feature we expected from a program like this, a calendar or other sort of scheduling function. Although you can assign dates to tasks, Dolphinity Organiser doesn't seem to provide any sort of daily or monthly overview. The program's online tutorials were fairly thorough. Overall, the word that comes to mind to describe this program is "sparse." It looks nice and functions well, but it doesn't seem particularly powerful.
Dolphinity Organiser is free. It installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program with reservations; it didn't impress us, but it works, and other users may find it suits their needs just fine.
Dolphinity Organiser is a project organizer and planner for personal and small to medium company use. It supports drag and drop. Create your own tree of projects and groups, filled with various types of items such as todo's, facts, agreement, contacts, tasks, and Web locations. Contacts can be added which can be assigned to tasks. A Gantt chart then provides you with a bird's eye view of all the things that need to be done. Next to that, a fast and easy to use to do list is also incorporated for quick daily tasks. You can also store Web locations, so you can associate specific Web sites with a project for example. There is also a calendar view to see your actions based on date. This allows dragging to modify the start date.
What's new in this version: Version 4.0.1 added a calendar view (with drag & drop) for planned actions.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Customize and update your organizers with multiple features.
- Plan your wedding party, track all the preparations, and monito...
- Create a wedding budget of estimated and actual expenses in MS ...
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Schedule employees and other custom defined resources.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Compile and visually organize your plans, projects, and persona...
- Organize every aspect of your wedding.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Get a personal organizer with over 3,000 calendar refill insert...
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Organize your personal and business life in a cheerful manner.
- Organize your shopping notes and create grocery lists.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Take the stress out of organizing your wedding.
- Keep your personal information in one place.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Manage the tasks and appointments on your to-do list with a few...
All versions:2.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not very impressed."
Version: Dolphinity Organiser 3.3
Liked the tree style.
Has no concept of the working week - adjusting actions by an time moves in to the weekend.
Bug: Selecting 'Waiting for this' and 'Make inactive' deleted the action.
For any practical business project this is unusable.
For simple management of ToDo lists it might be OK.
This might be a good program when it is finished.