From Em Software:
Em DocsFlow brings the collaborative editing power of Google Docs to InDesign, providing dynamic linking from any InDesign story to a target Google Docs document, along with the almost magical ability to re-weave any Google Docs document changes into the linked story, on update. The breakthrough concept embodied by DocsFlow is to marry freely-available and popular web-based editing tools (Google Docs for now) to InDesign, giving you a zero-cost per-seat editorial workflow solution that is extraordinarily easy to manage. And using DocsFlow means you need no special resources to build, maintain or learn the editorial side (which is just Google Docs). Further, DocsFlow builds on the built-in InDesign story linking machinery to avoid any learning curve on the design side. With DocsFlow, both the InDesign story and the Google Docs (GDocs, below) document can be edited independently, and the links palette will show you the status of both at any point. When the GDocs document is edited, you'll see the link's status change to "modified" (showing a yellow alert icon), and you can update the story from GDocs with a double-click on the icon. Any changes on the GDocs side are merged into the the story, even if the latter has been changed. After each update, you can open the story editor with change marks showing, to see who changed what. Most of the text-level formatting in the GDocs document will import naturally, and GDocs block-level styles are mapped automatically to InDesign styles. GDocs comments import as InDesign notes.
What's new in this version:
- Improves the handling of text differences where only the case has changed.
- Improves greatly the handling of tables, table movement, row/column movement, and cell movement and spanning during updates.
- Fixes a problem which was causing the Track Changes panel to display random time stamps after an update.
- Addresses an issue where index entries could, in rare instances, be lost during updates.
- Addresses an issue where updating a document containing cross-refe... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create and process PDF documents.
- Convert PDF to most formats including word documents, images, a...
- Convert PDF files to various formats.
- 3D modeling, animation & rendering tool.
- Join multiple PDF files into one single PDF file.
- Edit, convert, and annotate PDF files.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Convert PDF to most popular document formats.
- Paint app similar to MacPaint & Microsoft Paint.
- Convert PDFs and images to text via OCR.
- View, mark-up, print, save .dwg as pdf.
- Create or download 3D models.
- Create complex vector-based raster patterns based on bitmap ima...
- Outline home plans, lay out furniture & view the results in 3D.
- Reduce size of InDesign links; convert colors, formats & more.
- Create various architectural designs.
- Build pretty looking diagrams with minimal effort.
- Automate PDF printing with hot folders.
- Create & visualize medical documents.
- Preflight and package multiple InDesign documents.
- Explore new paths with this vector tool.
- View navigation / organization commands.
- Stitch 360 degree panorama for mac and export Flash VR, HTML5, ...
- DFA, NFA and TM simulator.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content