DoNotTrackMe for Chrome allows you to block trackers that automatically record your activity while you're browsing online. This program installs with just a click and works in the background to protect you in various ways while you explore online just like you've always done.
Quietly productive: Once you install this app, it will run in the background to keep you protected. You can access the main interface at any time by clicking the program icon in your browser's top toolbar. There you can see how many trackers have been blocked to date and per day, as well as adjust other program settings.
Customizable: While it's advisable to keep this program turned on at all times to avoid trackers, it can sometimes interfere with certain aspects of some sites. Fortunately, you can just switch the program off on a site if you run into trouble by clicking the icon in the top browser toolbar and flipping a switch. That setting will only hold for that particular site, and you can turn it back on again at any time.
Multiple protections: This app offers tracker blocking immediately upon installation and email blocking after you've created a free account. You can also choose to upgrade to a paid plan, which starts at $39 per year to access the Masked Cards and Masked Phones elements of the program.
Not much detail: While you can see how many trackers the program has blocked, you can't go through and choose who to block. You can also learn about some of the companies the program blocks through links in the company list, but most of the entries there don't fit into this category.
DoNotTrackMe for Chrome provides a nice set of protections to help keep your personal information safe when you're browsing online. You can choose to turn it off at any time, and you can use the free features without limits. This program runs smoothly and incorporates a clear interface to help you understand what it's doing.
The average internet user has their browsing history tracked 160 times per day. What does that mean?
- Almost every website you visit tracks and records your activity and sells your data to other companies.
- Every time you give a website your real email address, it makes you easier to track.
- LivingSocial, Adobe, Zappos, Facebook, Citigroup, and many more websites were hacked in 2013, representing over 200 million customers' data lost (emails, passwords, credit cards, and more).
*DoNotTrackMe: How It Works*
- By adding DoNotTrackMe, you will effortlessly block more than 600 tracking companies from seeing which sites you visit, articles you read, videos you watch, purchases you make, and more.
- No registration required! If you want to stop your email from being tracked, just provide your email address the next time you visit an email form (see screenshot). After that, you'll never have to give out your email ever again.
- Advanced Premium features ($5/mo.) allow you to protect more private information by creating one-time use, private credit cards when you shop online and providing you a private phone number.
Note: If you don't want to stop email tracking and spam from email form fields, you can turn this off by going to the DoNotTrackMe icon in your browser, clicking Settings, and unchecking "Don't track my email".
What's new in this version: