From Koingo Software:
Display Maestro gives you full control over attached displays, allowing the usage of all available resolutions and bit depths. This is done by ignoring the operating system setting of hiding potentially unsafe resolutions. It is ideal for running legacy games which require 256-color mode and do not automatically switch the screen depth for you. Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard removed the ability to set 256 color mode manually using the built-in preferences pane, but the feature is now available here in Display Maestro! Display Maestro is a small application which can be configured to launch during login, and sits quietly in the menu bar. Upon exit, it will also automatically revert your display back to the resolution chosen before it was launched.
What's new in this version: Fixed some Retina display issues.
More Products to Consider
- Recover and protect data on your Mac, monitor S.M.A.R.T. and ba...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Detect and download updates for all of your installed software.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Unarchive ZIP, TAR, SIT, RAR, and 7-Zip files.
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Optimize and customize the Mac OS X operating system.
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Zip or unzip your files with this PKZip-compatible compression ...
- Data recovery software.
- Experience the power of WinZip-on your Mac! Compressing, protec...
- Run Windows on Intel Macs.
- Blanks the screen to help set up a kiosk or information screen.
- Fix a boldface type error.
- Custom resolutions, desktop icon position saving & more.
- Text editor with HTML, LaTeX, Perl, C modes & more.
- Moves the mouse pointer to prevent idling.
- Universal .rar and .zip file opener.
- Count & edit long filenames for Classic to 31 characters.
- App switcher/launcher a bit like OS X's dock.
- Monitor system for specific events and perform an array of uniq...