CNET Editors' reviewSome programs you can't do without; others are just nice to have. In the latter category, DiffExt is an ultrasimple utility that makes calling your favorite compare-file program a tad easier. The bare-bones configuration requires users to point to an appropriate executable. It then adds three extensions to the right-click context menu, each for a different method of comparison.
DiffExt doesn't actually compare the files; it merely sends the command to the program that does. The lack of a help file guarantees novices will be baffled, but they're not the target audience anyway. DiffExt is primarily for software developers who want to smooth every last inefficiency out of their workflow.
From Sergey Zorin:
Windows Explorer context menu extension to include commands for file comparison. With right click on a file or two files starts external file comparison utility. Diff-ext is a context menu extension that include commands for file comparison. Allow to save a file for later comparison (to allow comparison of files in different folders). Version 1.9.1 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 1.9.1 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Control the size, position, and layering of windows on your des...
- Arrange windows easily on multiple monitors.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Set your alarm clock and replace your standard tray clock using...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Access and use most commonly used programs.
- Keep clipped text archived on the Clipboard.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Read text files sentence by sentence.
- Set wallpaper on computer setups with more than one screen.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Recover accidently deleted files under Windows.
- Set timer up to remind yourself of any specific events.
- Copy, move, and rename different files and folders on your mach...
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Expand your clipboard capabilities to perform more actions.
- Create and verify MD5 signature files of large volumes of files...