CNET Editors' reviewSome programs you can't do without; others are just nice to have. In the latter category, DiffExt is an ultrasimple utility that makes calling your favorite compare-file program a tad easier. The bare-bones configuration requires users to point to an appropriate executable. It then adds three extensions to the right-click context menu, each for a different method of comparison.
DiffExt doesn't actually compare the files; it merely sends the command to the program that does. The lack of a help file guarantees novices will be baffled, but they're not the target audience anyway. DiffExt is primarily for software developers who want to smooth every last inefficiency out of their workflow.
From Sergey Zorin:
Windows Explorer context menu extension to include commands for file comparison. With right click on a file or two files starts external file comparison utility. Diff-ext is a context menu extension that include commands for file comparison. Allow to save a file for later comparison (to allow comparison of files in different folders). Version 1.9.1 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
What's new in this version: Version 1.9.1 may include unspecified updates, enhancements, or bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Perform various tasks with an Explorer context menu utility.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Create and manage menu items.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Copy path names of files and folders to your clipboard.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Add context menu to Send To menu of your mouse right click.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Compare and synchronize files in similar folder structures.
- Get instant access to your desired folders.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Manage context menus items of file objects displayed in file ma...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Compare two ASCII files and highlight the differences.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Work with files and folders using an advanced file manager supp...
- Skip copying files that were unable to be copied and continue w...
- Find, download, and share MP3, video, and image files.
This download is served from an external siteclose
LEGAL NOTICE: This link will take you to a third-party website. Downloading copyrighted materials without authorization or providing others with copyrighted materials for them to download without authorization may put you at risk for legal action under copyright law in the United States and other countries. CNET discourages the use of software for any unlawful purposeSponsored Products
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Add a range of new functionality to Windows Explorer.