CNET Editors' review
Diagram Designer provides users with an opportunity to quickly design simple flow charts, which should appeal to business people. Though it has a snag with its text feature, the program's simplicity makes it a more attractive choice than other similar programs.
This download has an incredibly simple interface that should not take much getting used to, no matter what level of user you are. Happily, there are Help files on the Internet and within the program. One interface complaint comes from its ability to fill charts with color, since the palette is slightly hidden along the top. However, users will gravitate toward the simple click-and-drag shapes and arrows that will comprise their diagrams. The diagrams were simple to create and adjust if mistakes were made. With a variety of shapes and arrows, even the most complex business flow chart or organizational map can be laid out and labeled on the fly, unlike similar downloads. Our only gripe was with labeling--if users wish to add bold, italic or other font enhancements it must be done using a form of HTML code, which complicates matters for users used to clicking a button for such changes.
However, we felt this freeware program's text snag was easy to overlook since Diagram Designer created our chart much easier than similar products we've tested in the past. We recommend this program for anyone who needs diagrams in a hurry.
Create flowcharts, diagrams and slide shows with this vector graphics editor. Includes a customizable template object palette, spell-checker, simple graph plotter to plot mathematical expressions and an advanced "pocket" calculator with equation solver. It uses compressed file format for minimizing drawing file size.
What's new in this version: Improved connector routing and text formating
More Products to Consider
- Open, view, and print any PDF file.
- Print to PDF from Windows applications and optimize the PDF out...
- Get started quickly and stay on track, whether you're creating ...
- View AutoCAD DWG, DXF, and DWF drawings, save views to JPEG ima...
- Transform any printable document into PDF format.
- Create 3D models and upload them to Google Earth.
- Create charts, graphics, diagrams, and maps easily.
- Create vector illustrations, flowcharts, flyers, brochures, bus...
- Open, view, and convert Adobe PDF files.
- Create EPS illustrations composed of graphical shapes.
- Make flowcharts, line drawings, org charts, and buttons.
- Create, print, edit, sign, and share PDFs with batch operation ...
- Create and edit vector, 2D, 3D, and bitmap images.
- Create several different types of visual diagrams such as flowc...
- Create and customize your ships for computer games.
- Create illustrations, signs, posters, and banners.
- Design every detail and share your work with confidence with po...
- Analyze, enhance, and share your rich information with ease, pr...
- Convert PDF documents to JPEG, BMP, PNG, and TIFF files easily.
- Generate and edit diagrams for flowcharts, DFD, UML, charts.
- Generate drawings and apply automatic layouts to diagrams, netw...
- Draw stylish illustration and layout easily for Web and print.
- Open, view, edit, and save PDF files without Adobe Acrobat.
- Create and add Flash animations to your Web sites.
All versions:4.3 stars
out of 56 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Perfect for me!"
Version: Diagram Designer 1.26
Simple to use and very flexible. Prints nicely.
Haven't found any yet.
"Free - quick and easy to use"
Version: Diagram Designer 1.26
Seems easy to use, especially if you are familiar with modelling concepts.
None found yet, although I have only used it a few times for very quick and simple process flow and data model diagrams.
Would recommend to others
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: