CNET Editors' reviewThis application offers a few more features than the built-in Windows magnifier, although the demo version is relentlessly frustrating. Desktop Magnifier's intuitively designed interface lets you magnify anything on your screen by up to 32 times. It has two magnification modes, Precise and Smooth. During our tests, the Precise mode appears clearer than Smooth, although you can improve the latter using its six smoothing types. You can also freeze the current image, copy it to the Clipboard, or save it as a bitmap image. You can keep this utilities magnifier on top of every application and snap it to your screen edges. Desktop Manager works fine, but it has a nag message that appears on the viewing panel after approximately one minute and the viewing area fades to black. Although testing it is a nuisance, users needing close-up, onscreen detail or the visually impaired will certainly like the additional enhancements it offers.
Desktop Magnifier is, just as its name indicates, a magnifier utility/tool for your desktop. Although you probably have something like this already installed on your system among Accessibility tools, you will immediately notice the difference. Unlike most screen-magnifying utilities, this one is actually useful, repositioning itself from category of accessibilities to a new one necessities.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Zoom in to any portion of your screen.
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Change your Pocket PC Today screen themes.
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Capture shots of your desktop screen.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Secure your privacy while you work in multiple desktops.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Manage your Windows screens with this four-part utility.
- Install this 32-bit gaming requirement for Windows 95.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Set an icon, background image, and description for your folders...
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Create four separate Windows Screens, each with its own taskbar...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Determine your PC's weaknesses, locate & fix system-related pro...
- Use the mouse middle button to pop up the Start menu, minimize ...
- Analyze Macintosh files stored on a Windows NT server.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Magnify your screen with multiple features.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1