Windows 8 limits your start screen customization options to only a few provided background images and a pre-defined color schemes. Decor8 removes these limitations and provides the freedom to personalize your start and lock screens with your own images and colors.
Add your own photos and images; Select multiple images to create a custom slideshow; Randomize background images in timed intervals for a fresh look; Fade background images against the start screen color for a subtle effect; Includes two dozen additional images;
Decor8 will automatically create a color scheme to match each of your background images or you can customize the color scheme, it's up to you.
What's new in this version: 1.01 adds an optional clock on the Start screen, support for UI translation, and new bundled images.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows user interface.
- Create multiple alerts which can alert you at a specific moment...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Wake up/remember important event to your favorite songs.
- Create and stick electronic notes on your Windows desktop.
- Enjoy the traditional start menu style of Windows 7 with the po...
- Monitor your processor temperature via a graph at the bottom of...
- Wake up to this alarm clock that has a different alarm for each...
- Install multiple useful gadgets for Windows 7 in one click.
- Run Windows 8 Modern applications in resizable windows on your ...
- Load your images quickly without interference.
- Add Start button and start menu to Windows8.
- Take a photo using your built in camera and annotate with arrow...
- Add a Start menu to your Windows 8 PC.
- Put back Start Menu for Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012.
- Customize your Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 logon screen.
- View and manage image files in windows PC.
All versions:2.7 stars
out of 3 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Not worth the effort"
Version: Decor8 1.01
Customization is mostly limited to what can be done with Windows 8 hacks already.
Panoramic wallpapers don't seem to work - if you have a wallpaper that would normally span two monitors, you won't be able to use the entire width of that wallpaper as a Start Screen backdrop.
This is a nice try, but sorely lacking in value. I gave it about twenty minutes of trying to overcome some of the constraints and limits that Microsoft imposed on the Start Screen, and finally uninstalled it when I couldn't get any more customization than it could offer.
If you live on the Start Screen all day, maybe (that's a very large maybe) you will find this of value. If not, then just bypass this and set a color scheme from those offered, decorate the backdrop with one of the preconfigured options (or none at all), and be done with it.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content