CNET Editors' review
Every now and again we encounter highly specialized software that offers unusual value. RRR's Data Master 2003 is such a program. It's a comprehensive scientific and technical graphics package for the automization of testing, measuring, and data-acquisition systems. Its data visualization tools include a graphics editor, a plot digitizer, a base line subtractor, and various numeric and symbolic calculators. Data Master does more than acquire and visualize data, though. It will also analyze data, including linear and nonlinear NLSF (Levenberg-Marquardt) regression analysis. It's completely programmable, too, from a customizable user interface to the capability to add new analytical tools and functions via an embedded ActiveX-compatible scripting environment. It will analyze data from any scientific or technical instrument that has an RS-232 jack or another numerical data interface, so it'll still work with older lab equipment. And did we forget to mention that it's free?
Data Master 2000 downloads as a ZIP file, but that's about the only gripe. Its main interface is colorful and well laid out, though it helps to be familiar with the science behind its functionality. The various analytical displays are models of clarity, with colorful graphical plots side-by-side with numeric data, perfect for importing into scientific papers, reports, and presentations. There's extensive help, too, including tips for programmers.
Data Master brings powerful data acquisition, visualization, and analysis tools to any laboratory or test bench, all the more so because it's free. Whether you're an advanced hobbyist or head of research, it has something to offer.
Programmable scientific and technical graphics optimized for automation of test and measurement systems, data acquisition and post-process. Especially suitable for scientists who would like to make high-performance, precise measurements in the experimental research. Features include powerful visual tools (graphic editor, plot digitizer, base line subtractor), wide set of numeric and symbolic calculations (integration, differentiation, smoothing), linear and nonlinear NLSF (Levenberg-Marquardt) regression analysis, and configurable user interface.
What's new in this version: Improved support of new versions of Windows and MSIE, added data and workspace files compression.
More Products to Consider
- Look up words in thesaurus and dictionary from almost any progr...
- Hear the Athan (Azan) automatically five times a day at each pr...
- Manage your eBook library and synchronize to reader devices.
- View your real-time physical position on moving Google Map.
- View satellite pictures, maps, terrain, buildings and other glo...
- View, read, and convert EPub e-books.
- Read King James Bible on your PC.
- Discover how to type and improve your typing.
- Collect GPS data from various GPS trackers simultaneously.
- Evaluate mathematical equations, generate graphs from equations...
- Learn touch-typing with a program that dynamically adjusts trai...
- Perform science calculations with a variety of tools, reference...
- Manage all aspects of a school's student administrative system.
- Get table data in every files of science.
- Get English and Sinhala definitions with technical terms glossa...
- Search and read the Quran in different languages.
- Analyze, modify, and enhance your images.
- Get an English too Bangla dictionary.
- Convert Kindle Mobi, AZW, PRC books to ePUB format to read Kind...
- Manipulate, calculate, and graphically display data.
- View, change, visualize, and plot data.
- Display Quran in Uthmani script with many options and settings ...
- Get reminders about prayer time.
- Experience simulated space travel to over 100,000 stars.