Dash is an API Documentation Browser and Code Snippet Manager. Dash helps you store snippets of code, as well as instantly search and browse documentation for almost any API you might use (for a full list, see the screenshots). Dash is not free, you will have to purchase Dash using an In-App purchase. Dash is free to download so that you can test Dash out as much as you want, in order to determine if it's the right tool for you.
Documentation Browser Features:
- Supports docsets generated using popular tools like Appledoc and Doxygen.
- Methods are conveniently shown in a special Table of Contents.
- Highlighted in-page search.
- Easily search specific docsets by defining keyword filters (e.g. start your query with "python:" to search only the Python documentation).
- Integration plugins for: Xcode, Alfred, Quicksilver, LaunchBar, AppCode, Sublime Text, Emacs, Vim, Eclipse, Terminal, AppleScript.
- Easily integrate with any other application using the "dash://" URL scheme or the "Look up in Dash" system service.
- Fuzzy search. Don't let misspells get in your way.
- Built for speed. Searching is almost instant.
Snippet Manager Features:
- Collect snippets of code that you reuse often.
- Sync by saving your library in Dropbox.
- Over 80 syntaxes for code highlighting.
- Variable Placeholders can be edited before pasting.
- Abbreviations are expanded wherever you type them.
Special Snippet Placeholders:
- @clipboard expands into the contents of the clipboard.
- @cursor repositions the cursor after expansion.
- @date expands into the current date.
- @time expands into the current time.
- Multi-Touch Gestures.
- Menu item or dock application, always one keyboard shortcut away.
- Users that want to use Dash only as a Snippet Manager or Documentation Browser, can do so.
Dash will nag and annoy you every now and then, in order to purchase.
What's new in this version:
- Offline Stack Overflow Access. I couldn't wait to brag that Dash is the only app that does this, but it looks like it's not. Online access is also supported, if you want to save some disk space.
- PHP Docsets Repo. You can now install docsets for any PHP Package you can find on Packagist.
- Go Docsets Repo. You can now install docsets for any Go Package you can find on GoDoc.org.
- User Contributed Repo. Users can now contribute docsets to Dash. If you ma... See all new features »