Dash is an API Documentation Browser and Code Snippet Manager. Dash helps you store snippets of code, as well as instantly search and browse documentation for almost any API you might use (for a full list, see the screenshots). Dash is not free, you will have to purchase Dash using an In-App purchase. Dash is free to download so that you can test Dash out as much as you want, in order to determine if it's the right tool for you.
Documentation Browser Features:
- Supports docsets generated using popular tools like Appledoc and Doxygen.
- Methods are conveniently shown in a special Table of Contents.
- Highlighted in-page search.
- Easily search specific docsets by defining keyword filters (e.g. start your query with "python:" to search only the Python documentation).
- Integration plugins for: Xcode, Alfred, Quicksilver, LaunchBar, AppCode, Sublime Text, Emacs, Vim, Eclipse, Terminal, AppleScript.
- Easily integrate with any other application using the "dash://" URL scheme or the "Look up in Dash" system service.
- Fuzzy search. Don't let misspells get in your way.
- Built for speed. Searching is almost instant.
Snippet Manager Features:
- Collect snippets of code that you reuse often.
- Sync by saving your library in Dropbox.
- Over 80 syntaxes for code highlighting.
- Variable Placeholders can be edited before pasting.
- Abbreviations are expanded wherever you type them.
Special Snippet Placeholders:
- @clipboard expands into the contents of the clipboard.
- @cursor repositions the cursor after expansion.
- @date expands into the current date.
- @time expands into the current time.
- Multi-Touch Gestures.
- Menu item or dock application, always one keyboard shortcut away.
- Users that want to use Dash only as a Snippet Manager or Documentation Browser, can do so.
Dash will nag and annoy you every now and then, in order to purchase.
What's new in this version:
- Added D3.js docset thanks to Przemys?aw Kami?ski
- Added jQuery Mobile docset
- Added PopClip to the Integration pane
- Added TextMate to the Integration pane
- Improved sorting when there are a lot of results returned - this change will cause the unified search index to rebuild
- Fixed a few back/forward history bugs
- Minor usability improvements
- Fixed a bug which caused CTRL+Clicking on the menu icon to not show the menu See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Manage business database applications.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Document your various syntax grammars with this visualizing too...
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Start & organize Terminal applications.
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Affinic debugger user interface for OS X.
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Spot diagrams for newtonian telescopes.
- Distraction-free text editor.
- Make your own Finite State Machines.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content