Dash is an API Documentation Browser and Code Snippet Manager. Dash helps you store snippets of code, as well as instantly search and browse documentation for almost any API you might use (for a full list, see the screenshots). Dash is not free, you will have to purchase Dash using an In-App purchase. Dash is free to download so that you can test Dash out as much as you want, in order to determine if it's the right tool for you.
Documentation Browser Features:
- Supports docsets generated using popular tools like Appledoc and Doxygen.
- Methods are conveniently shown in a special Table of Contents.
- Highlighted in-page search.
- Easily search specific docsets by defining keyword filters (e.g. start your query with "python:" to search only the Python documentation).
- Integration plugins for: Xcode, Alfred, Quicksilver, LaunchBar, AppCode, Sublime Text, Emacs, Vim, Eclipse, Terminal, AppleScript.
- Easily integrate with any other application using the "dash://" URL scheme or the "Look up in Dash" system service.
- Fuzzy search. Don't let misspells get in your way.
- Built for speed. Searching is almost instant.
Snippet Manager Features:
- Collect snippets of code that you reuse often.
- Sync by saving your library in Dropbox.
- Over 80 syntaxes for code highlighting.
- Variable Placeholders can be edited before pasting.
- Abbreviations are expanded wherever you type them.
Special Snippet Placeholders:
- @clipboard expands into the contents of the clipboard.
- @cursor repositions the cursor after expansion.
- @date expands into the current date.
- @time expands into the current time.
- Multi-Touch Gestures.
- Menu item or dock application, always one keyboard shortcut away.
- Users that want to use Dash only as a Snippet Manager or Documentation Browser, can do so.
Dash will nag and annoy you every now and then, in order to purchase.
What's new in this version:
- Added Coda, BBEdit and TextWrangler as integration options in Preferences > Integration
- Added Search Profiles button on the default home page. Hopefully more users will find out about search profiles now
- Added support for Xcode docset feeds and the docs-for-xcode:// URL scheme
- Added Drupal 8 docset
- Added Java SE8 docset
- Fixed snippet expansion issues caused by smart quotes
More Products to Consider
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Container controls for Xojo that can be embedded in a window.
- Use undo feature at your daily Xojo tasks.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Host multiple web sites through easy-to-use virtual hosting.
- Date control plugin for Real Studio and Xojo.
- Xojo and REAL Studio plugin that adds error alerts to required ...
- Document your various syntax grammars with this visualizing too...
- Xojo and Real Studio calendar control plugin.
- Allows you to edit plain text files with many options.
- Start & organize Terminal applications.
- Adds TreeView plug-in control for Xojo and Real Studio.
- Spot diagrams for newtonian telescopes.
- Manage business database applications.
- Add six multi-precision data types to Xojo.
- Make your own Finite State Machines.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content