CNET Editors' review
DJ Mania provides a simple set of tools for recreating the world of the turntable expert. By breaking this elaborate artform down into a few simple functions, it makes the club scene accessible to all, but it's missing a few key ingredients of the actual experience.
DJ Mania's interface took a little work to understand, even thought it's a fairly simple layout. Without a Help file or instructions we were left to explore, but luckily it only took a few minutes to fully grasp the program. The basic function of this program was its ability to recreate the sound of two records spinning at once, which is accomplished by loading up two separate sides with MP3s. By playing both at once, they blended into a single tune. You can adjust the crossfade, volume, and speed of each song, too. DJ Mania is fun to use but a little disappointing because it doesn't allow you to scratch the records, which is a major component of DJing. Another frustration was the apparent inability to record your creations. The program does offer one neat feature that lets you insert sound effects and samples into your mix, which provides some color and unpredictability to the sound. Overall, this is a nice introduction to the turntablist's art, but it's a poor substitute for the real thing.
DJ Mania is freeware. It comes as a compressed file. While it provides a glimpse of DJing, this program lacked some key components. We recommend it with reservations.
From DJ Websites Swindon:
Mix between 2 channels plus an additional channel for samples and any other audio files you drop into the samples directory on your computer. Drag and drop direct to the 2 mixing channels. Crossfade from channel to channel. Speed up the bit rate.
More Products to Consider
- Mix, scratch, and remix MP3 or music videos live.
- Cut desired parts from your MP3 files.
- Play video and audio files, convert to other file formats, burn...
- Convert CDs to MP3, WMA, WAV, OGG, FLAC formats, convert audio ...
- Burn the files and images on CD and DVD discs.
- Convert DVD movies to all the popular video or audio formats wi...
- Mix songs like a pro DJ using instant beat-matching, loops, eff...
- Rip CDs, convert audio files, and burn discs easily.
- Create music and practise your DJ skills.
- Emulate up to 18 DVD/BD drives.
- Get the experience of being a professional DJ.
- Create, edit, burn, mount, and encrypt CD, DVD, and BD image fi...
- Get audio mixing software, for live disc jockeying or creating ...
- Mix and play your digital music.
- Create drum or audio loops and play sample files and MIDI instr...
- Convert M4A/AAC into MP3/WAV format.
- Perform cross-fading, beat-matching audio mixes.
- Convert and backup DVDs to AVI, DivX, iPod, iPhone, iPad, WMV, ...
- Mix mp3s with this great tool designed specifically for DJing l...
- Download YouTube videos and convert them into MP3 files.
- Mix music straight from your computer.
- Copy DVD to iPod, iPhone, 3GP, PSP, Zune, HD TV, AVI, Divx, Xvi...
- Edit voice and sound recordings on a Windows PC.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Not good, did not work"
Version: DJ Mania 1
downloadable and that's about all
files missing, no program a waste of time
this product did not work for me!!!!
"DOES NOT WORK - FILES MISSING"
Version: DJ Mania 1
NONE! THIS DOES NOT WORK.
DURING SETUP, ERROR MESSAGE STATING - FILES MISSING. DOES NOT WORK!!!!