CNET Editors' note: The "Download Now" link directs you to the product page in the online Android Market. The application can directly be downloaded and installed on the registered Android device from your PC, or you can download it from the Android Market on your Android device.
CNET Editors' review
Cut the Rope is an inventive, addictive, and extremely polished arcade puzzler, in which you interact with increasingly complex, physics-based puzzles to get a piece of candy into the mouth of a cute monster named Om Nom.
Cut the Rope's interface starts out simple: you just swipe your finger to cut a rope, which drops an attached piece of candy into Om Nom's mouth. Soon, you're cutting multiple ropes (occasionally more than one at a time), trying to maneuver the plummeting piece of candy to pass over stars on its way to Om Nom (between one and three stars, which equates to your score for each level). The game slowly introduces new elements--like candy-lifting bubbles and candy-breaking spikes--that make the timing and precision of your actions more important. Over its more than 100 levels, Cut the Rope throws even greater challenges at you, including sliding anchors, arcing lightning, candy-eating spiders, and more elements that you touch to interact with, such as blowing air cushions and pulleys with hand-cranks. The levels are divided into different unlockable "boxes" (Cardboard, Fabric, and Foil; you unlock the fancier boxes by earning stars), with each box consisting of 25 levels.
Cut the Rope is a perfect storm of gaming: it's very easy to learn, incredibly addictive, and fun to pick up and play for minutes (or even seconds), and it makes great use of the touch interface (there are a couple moments in the game where it's almost easier to set your device down, so you have enough fingers free for snipping). Cut the Rope has countless thoughtful touches in its interface, sound, and artwork. It's a must for physics-based puzzle fans.
Cut the Rope for Android is a little monster Om Nom is hungry and the only thing standing between him and a full belly is you that is your help cutting the ropes that hold the candy he wants. Swipe your finger across the ropes to release the delicious bundles into his mouth. But don't forget to collect the stars and break the bubbles along the way easier said than done when enemies and obstacles await.
More Products to Consider
- Shoot the bunnies on your Android device.
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- Play classic Nintendo platformer game on your Android device.
- Swipe, throw and knock the stuffing out of Monsters that stole ...
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- Dr. Driving drives you crazy!.
- Get the yellow car out of the traffic jam.
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- Cut and Slice!.
- Drag and drop living, squirming, talking, globs of goo to build...
- Fight fires using a water cannon while moving obstacles and act...
- Save the bugs from the Greedy Spiders!.
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Guide the ChuChu's to their rocket ship in over 500 puzzling le...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Find the mystery words by deciphering the clues and combining t...
- Trailblaze in this new standard for mobile racing game.
- Play Words With Friends Free with both your Android and iPhone/...
- Do you like driving big vehicles? Then you have to try Bus Simu...
- An original puzzle game in which you try to grow a great city!.
- In a world of might and magic, are you strong enough to dominat...
- Logo Quiz is the #1 ranked Logo Guessing Game on Google Play.
- Play a word-finding puzzle game on your Android device.
- Play a classic multi-directional shooter video game.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content