CNET Editors' review
The built-in Windows screen capture tool is pretty basic, and for that reason there is a plethora of programs that let users customize the way they take screenshots and what they do with the resulting images. CrossGL SnapDraw is one of the more comprehensive options we've seen. Casual users of screen capture tools will likely find the program to be a little much, but users who need options to annotate and edit their screenshots will appreciate the program's many features.
The first thing that CrossGL SnapDraw wanted us to do was configure the keyboard shortcut that we wanted to use to activate the program. Once that was done, we tried activating it, and a popup message appeared telling us how to proceed. Moving our mouse around the screen highlighted each selected window or object in red, and once we'd landed on the one we wanted to capture, we had only to press Enter. The program captured our image and opened it in its editing interface. There were numerous options for manipulating our screenshot; we could rotate it, watermark it, resize it, add a background, adjust the margins, and much more. It was easy to add lines, shapes, text and other objects to our image. Although the program's interface is cleanly laid out and resembles many other image editors, it will likely take users a little while to familiarize themselves with the program's many tools. The program has ample downloadable documentation, though, and most of it's easy enough to figure out with a bit of trial and error. CrossGL SnapDraw isn't for everyone, but users who make frequent use of screenshots and want a lot of powerful tools for working with them would do well to check it out.
CrossGL SnapDraw installs a desktop icon without asking but uninstalls cleanly.
Screen capture program focused on creation of High Quality screenshots with Special Effects and Annotations Tools. Saves hours of time needed to spend in Photoshop to create spectacular effects such as Reflections, 3D perspective and Magnifier Lens Effect. These effects are built-in as a drawing tools, so there's no need to bother with step-by-step tedious tutorials to create a professional looking screenshots. Annotation tools including Arrow Clouds, Floating Text, Lines and Shapes are great for producing a nice looking software documentation or just for quickly describing some part of a screen. Annotated compositions with effects can be saved and later reopened. Program provides a variety of output processing options such as automatic aspect ratio adjustment, resizing, watermarking and more. The quality of output image processing is provided by software built-in high-precision graphics engine with antialiasing and subpixel positioning. Features an unique capability to capture transparency/translucency of the new Windows Aero Glass (tm) desktop theme introduced in Windows 7 and Vista including surrounding gradient shadow. Contains also copy to clipboard, send by Email and FTP upload functionality.
What's new in this version: Version 3.20 switched from shareware to freeware.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Optimize your images and change their size.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Process your digital photos and create slide shows for sharing.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Capture and edit screens, and send or paste them into presentat...
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- Share and edit your portraits using sophisticated processing te...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- View, modify, and manage your image files.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- View digital images and manipulate EXIF info.
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Crate memorable slideshows from your photos.
- Zoom in and magnify any portion of your screen.
- Group and batch rename photo and video files.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Let your children learn how to draw and use their imagination.
- Make unique collages for memorable occasions with your own phot...
- Preview image files of different formats directly in Windows Ex...
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content