CNET Editors' review
Movie lovers usually end up with big video collections, not to mention big trivia collections. Coollector Movie Database can help you manage both your collection and your obsession. Its Movie Encyclopedia is an ever-growing database of tens of thousands of films and hundreds of TV shows, including credits. There's also a personal Owned Videos database, as well as an Existing Videos feature that automatically scans various merchants and displays video titles in print in various formats; it even computes and displays the best price for each. It's free, too.
Coollector's interface is split into side-by-side panels, with the program's three databases displayed in tabs on the left side with individual entries and search results on the right. Drop-down menus for Movies and Persons let us filter search results by various criteria. The Tools and Help entries were fairly typical; most options involved choosing which video formats to display and where best prices should appear. We were surprised not to see a search box but quickly learned that search strings appear automatically with rotated results when you start typing, which is great when you're not quite sure of a title or name. However, you must still be in either the Movies or Persons section to search either category, and there seems to be no global search. The database itself is pretty comprehensive and easy to use. Nearly every film has a cover shot, and many actors have head shots. The credits we checked were fairly complete, with the most notable absence being TV show credits for performers. Adding videos to our Owned Video database was as easy as clicking on the right title and format; pop-ups made editing the data easy, too. One thing sets Coollector Movie Database above all others, in our opinion: When you click on an actor's page, it displays either his or her birth date and current age; or birth and death dates, age at death, and number of years since they died. Call it Morbid Movie Mania; we just love that stuff.
While its film database offers a lot of easily accessible information, Coollector Movie Database probably won't supplant the Internet Movie Database as the database of record for the motion picture arts, but it doesn't try to be comprehensive, just useful, especially to collectors. That's a part it plays well.
Coollector Movie database is the most complete tool for the movie lovers. It's a huge database of movies and series, personalized with what you've seen, how much you've liked it, and what you wish to see. It's also a video collection manager, to track what DVDs you own, where they're stored, and which ones you've loaned. It can handle your digital collection too, with a lightning-fast file scanning feature. Last but not least, it'll analyze your taste to give you the best movie recommendations you've ever had.
What's new in this version: Version 4.0.3 has added 500 movies and series. movies and persons can be tagged with any words you choose. Added 2 tag filters to the filtered searches. Added an option to filter the ended series or the returning series. Several bugs have been fixed.
More Products to Consider
- Track the movies you have seen and manage your video collection...
- Categorize and keep track of your movie collection.
- Organize your movie, DVD, and TV-series collection.
- Monitor your PC use and log keystrokes, clipboard, screenshot, ...
- Enhance your gameplay by editing Xbox 360 gamesaves.
- Print at home or at your office passport photo and ID photo.
- Convert and resize your image files.
- Determine a random order for a group of people or choose indivi...
- Drive the mosquitoes away.
- Watch weather just like the view from the window.
- Catalog your software collection and simplify access to applica...
- Organize, track, and research your movie collection.
- Meassure distances and angles on your desktop.
- Organize your movie collection.
- Catalog your movie collection.
- Organize and manage your video games collection.
- Organize and manage your DVD collection in a designed database.
- Manage all your DVD, video, and VCD lists.
- Create realistic, 3D walk-throughs of your design ideas.
- Manage and play DVDs, movies, music, photos, and Internet radio...
- Create and save your movie collection.
- Find out interesting information about your birth date.
- Retrieve, search, and edit movie information with one click.
- Organize your DVD/Bluray/MKV/AVI movie collection automatically...
All versions:3.9 stars
out of 104 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"A movie collector's dream companion !"
Version: Coollector Movie Database 4.0.3
1. Great Interface - easy to use and elegant looking
2. Automatically scans all your movies and adds them to the database
3. Comes preloaded with a huge movie and people database
4. Regular Updates and bug fixes
5. Newly added movie recommendation is a fun to use and helpful feature
6. and finally an active forum where you can directly interact with the programmers and other coolector users