CNET Editors' review
Connection Meter uses its tiny, unobtrusive user interface to give you quick, at-a-glance system usage information. We were a little perturbed to find that some of its features were unavailable with the unregistered version, and we could have done without the constant timed nag screens.
Novice users might be a little overwhelmed by some of the initial configurations, but if you stick with the default settings, you're probably good to go. The program installs a taskbar icon, and a tiny, movable window appears in the far right corner that gives you a live account of your CPU usage, connection speed, and any unsent SMS. Right-clicking on either the taskbar icon or floating window brings up a lengthy configuration menu. We were a little confused with some of the extra utilities that the program includes. Some of them were unavailable and others were vague. But no matter what we clicked on, a nag screen appeared that required us to wait a few seconds before we could close it. Connection Meter's biggest problem is the lack of a Help file. Maybe with a tutorial or step-by-step guide users would at least have some chance of understanding the features and functionality available in the demo version. As it is, most won't have the time or inclination to uncover the program's benefits on their own.
Despite the at-a-glance usage information Connection Meter offers, this program's offerings were a little too vague to be of any value. And without a help feature to offer an explanation, there's nothing here to recommend.
Connection Meter is a collection of tools you can use for every connection to the Internet. It can monitors and counts price for phone and connection via dial-up. You can use protections before fallacious redirection (anti dialer) on expensive phone lines.
More Products to Consider
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Find and scan all computers on your network and get easy access...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Turn your PC into a mobile hotspot.
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Download a large number of media files from the Web.
- Connect automatically to free WiFi networks.
- Capture screens and edit images.
- Show the X,Y location of your mouse on desktop.
- Enforce software productivity by memory-management optimization...
- Create and save, and edit notes.
- Turn any computer with Microsoft Windows 7 or Windows 2008 R2 i...
- Monitor Web sites traffic for your Google Desktop.
- Zoom in and magnify any portion of your screen.
- Manage any mobile phone from the PC via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or ca...
- Manage and configure Internet connection settings.