CNET Editors' review
The demand for applications that manipulate or arrange photos is relatively low on the Mac platform because Apple's built-in photo software is so robust. However, CollageIt manages to find a niche for itself by offering a simple, straightforward tool to create collages from your existing photos. It takes only seconds to install and, once ready to use, CollageIt is immediately intuitive. Choose a format for your collage, drag and drop photos into the various slots on the collage, and save. You can either choose where each photo will be placed or hit the Random Layout or Shuffle buttons to mix it up. With minimal buttons and very clearly labeled Share on Facebook and Print buttons, it doesn't get any easier to prepare your collage.
We were impressed with the uncluttered layout. A collage-making program doesn't need dozens of buttons and PearlMountain understands that. Of course, simplicity comes at a cost. CollageIt is designed for one purpose, and if you have photos available it does it very well. Unfortunately, most Mac users store their photos in the iPhoto Library, which is not an option when selecting photos for your collage. Simply finding the photos needed to create a collage can present a challenge, but if you do have those photos, creating collage takes only seconds and you can share on Facebook, resize with ease, and export in one of six formats, including PDF and wallpaper. Very simple.
CollageIt is shareware; the lite version has some limitations on file size and commercial use. But don't let that stop you because we found everything else intact. Overall, CollageIt is a tidy piece of software that does exactly as advertised, offering quick and easy collage creation on the Mac to supplement the many features of iPhoto. Poor integration with iPhoto presents problems, but if you have photos on a separate disc or export them from iPhoto, making a college is a snap and sharing them is even easier.CollageIt - Create stunning collages - Download Video Previews:
From PearlMountain Software:
CollageIt for Mac is an easy-to-use and automatic software that helps you making eye-catching photo collages on Mac OS X. It was designed to give everyone an opportunity to brighten up one's photo collection, and in a few seconds, a set of photos will be turned into an impressive array of collages. With CollageIt for Mac, collage creation is effortless. Choose a collage template from 4 collage styles (Mosaic, Grid, Center, Pile ), including 30+ templates, which have been professionally designed, add photos, the photo collage can be generated automatically. Click Random Layout to generate different collage layouts until you get the most stunning collage layout as you wish. What's more, you are able to personalize the photo collage at your convenience. After you make your favorite collage, you can export it and share with your friends and families.
What's new in this version: * Support Traditional Chinese
* Fix the problem that cropped area is incorrect when reopen a project.
* Fix the bug when open the renamed the project.
* Improve memory management.
* Other minor bug fixes.
More Products to Consider
- Create, alter, and manipulate photos.
- Create artwork, correct color, retouch scanned images.
- Create powerful images and discover new dimensions in digital i...
- View, edit, convert most image formats.
- Browse, view, tag and share images and galleries.
- Resize, rename, crop, rotate and watermark photos with drag & d...
- Control photoshop from automator.
- Capture your full screen, a region of your screen, or scrolling...
- Make your photo collages.
- Image organizer: makes books, slideshows.
- Create logos and other web graphics that look like a Photoshop ...
- Post production tool for photographers.
- Snagit gives you all the tools needed to create engaging images...
- Graphics illustration suite.
- Make your images look beautiful and realistic.
- Create Polaroid-like photos from digital photos, images, pictur...
- Create flyers, newsletters, brochures.
- Sort, convert, rename, rescale, crop, frame, ZIP images. Create...
- Illustration, page layout, photo-editing apps, OS 9 fix.
- View comic and manga images.
- Sync iPhoto libraries across computers (was iPhotoSync).
- Filter useless search engine results.
- Share unlimited photos in an instant and invite others to colla...
- Send photos easily without email attachment limits.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great product but no support for issues!"
Version: CollageIt 2.0.5
Easy to create collage, quick and responsive. Very easy to customize the looks and very efficient overall. Saves a lot of time over doing from scratch, without sacrificing quality and professional look of the collage.
No support from the company so far. I submitted an inquiry as to why my paid version keeps limiting me to 200 photos still, and I have not heard anything yet. Though I understand sometimes they're busy and doing the best they can, I have not even received a confirmation of the issue or any sort of feedback to let me know they're working on it! It's very disappointing, because I LOVE the product,
Does a great job, if you don't get the same problem I got when you end up buying the full version. Without the issue, it's easily one of the best collage apps out there! If I end up getting the help I need to figure the issue out, this is easily 5/5 stars.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content