CNET Editors' review
Code Breaking is a word puzzle in which users decode a group of symbols to spell out a message. Although we love word games, this one just wasn't a whole lot of fun.
The program's interface is simple and not unattractive. A message is spelled out with a series of symbols, and tiles with the letters of the alphabet are displayed below. Users drag and drop the letters onto the symbols to decode the message. If, for example, you determine that the skull and crossbones represents the letter E, you drag the E onto one of the skulls, and all of them are replaced with the letter E. Clicking the Hint button causes the game to fill in a letter for you. Users are timed and scores seem to be based on how quickly the message is decoded. Although brief instructions for play are provided at the start, there's no Help file. Even though there's nothing functionally wrong with it, Code Breaking just isn't a whole lot of fun. It didn't help that the program repeated the same message after only a few rounds. And although there is some strategy involved in analyzing the patterns in which the symbols appear, a lot of it is a matter of guessing. Each message is a game unto itself, so the program doesn't get more challenging or interesting as it progresses. It didn't take long before we grew tired of it.
Code Breaking is free, and it installs and uninstalls without issues. We recommend this program with reservations; we didn't find it particularly fun, but someone else might.
From Novel Games:
In this game there is a text that is written in strange symbols. You need to guess what the symbols are and drag the correct letters to replace the symbols and reconstruct the original message. There is a hint button that can be used when you are stuck. The faster you decrypt the text and the lesser the hints are used, the higher the score you get.
What's new in this version:
- Fixed a problem where the game may lag in some computers
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- Find all possible words that can be made from the letters you'v...
- Manage your file downloads on your Windows PC.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Enable rich Internet applications created with the Adobe develo...
- Play 475 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Archive files in different formats and manage them.
- Solve for I for I love U.
- Showcase various prizes on the screen.
- Create, personalize, and share publications & marketing materia...
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-0 of