From Todd Ditchendorf:
Cocoa Cookies is a very simple Cocoa app that helps you to search for (with regex) and delete (with undo) HTTP cookies stored in the shared Cocoa cookies storage. Including Undo capabilities!!! "What is the 'shared Cocoa cookies repository'?" I hear you asking... Well... it's a Cocoa API for storing cookies (NSHTTPCookieStorage class to be exact... but that's not important). A few popular Cocoa apps use it to store their cookies in a common, shared repository:
Those are the ones I know of... there may be more.
The easiest way to describe Cocoa Cookies is to tell you why I personally needed it. At work, I'm developing a web application for which I am constantly needing to delete specific cookies. I like to test and develop my web app primarily using Safari (occasionally stopping to test in EOMB [Every Other Modern Broswer], of course). Safari is also my preferred browser for personal use, so the number of cookies stored in my version of Safari at any one time is quite large. So when I decide I need to delete a specific cookie for my web app, I have to open Safari preferences, click the 'Security' toolbar icon, click 'Show Cookies' and then visually search thru the list of hundreds of cookies to find the ones that match the domain for my web app ('localhost.local' in this case). That is a pain in the ass. Safari's cookie-browsing UI does not currently include any way to search the stored cookies.
Cocoa Cookies allows you to view the cookies that Safari, or any other Cocoa app, has stored in the share cookie storage. More importantly, Cocoa Cookies contains a search field that provides live 'search-as-you-type' searching on the domains (only the domains) of the cookies stored. Thus, making it much easier to find and delete the specific cookies you are looking for.
Here's an extra bonus... NetNewsWire -- the most popular RSS reader on any platform, not only OS X -- is also a web browser that stores cookies in the shared Cocoa cookie storage. Additionally, NetNewsWire does not provide a UI for managing the cookies you amass while browsing. Use Cocoa Cookies to manage your NetNewsWire cookies!
It's simple, and it needs a little work... but I hope you like it.
What's new in this version: Now a Universal Binary with a cute new icon.
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Updates Java components.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Use Flex, Flash, AJAX to build rich Internet apps that deploy t...
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Manage business database applications.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Manage your passwords.
- Cookie editor for safari & other webkit apps.
- Encryption app based on the Caesar Cipher.
- Affinic debugger user interface for OS X.
- Delete all the cookies but the ones that you want to keep.
- AIR widget promotes simplicity when referencing is required.
- Show or hide the hidden files on your Mac.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.
- Decide which cookies to keep on your computer when using Intern...
- File extension changer.