CNET Editors' review
ClickYes Pro from ContextMagic lets you easily configure which applications can send e-mail automatically via Microsoft Outlook and which should be blocked. When you open a program that uses Outlook to send e-mail and receive a security warning, you can quickly add the application to ClickYes Pro's exceptions list, usually automatically. ClickYes Pro seems especially valuable for anyone who sends bulk e-mail to customers or clients or for third-party applications that use Outlook to send e-mail.
Unlike many add-ins and integrated utilities for Outlook, ClickYes Pro is a standalone app with its own interface, a tiny but efficient dialog based around a tabbed control icon ribbon and list views for applications and processes. Despite its small size, the program still offers many options, including customizable views, a log file, and the ability to save and open profiles. We initiated several applications to verify that they call Outlook security warnings, including a mobile device updater and an older edition of Office. We then opened ClickYes Pro and reopened the test apps. Clicking the Add button automatically identified the program and listed it in the Application Name field, except in one instance where we had to click the Get button on ClickYes Pro's Add an Application dialog. This dialog also includes settings for allowing certain procedures and for selecting the application to run when ClickYes Pro starts. We closed everything and retested the apps but got no security warnings. Removing programs from the list is a simple process, too. Up-to-date lists of programs known to cause Outlook security warnings are available online.
ClickYes Pro's Help file does a good job explaining how the program works. It's not difficult to use by any stretch, but there are enough settings and customization options that a little help is welcome. If you're looking for a way to end annoying and unnecessary security pop-ups when your software accesses Outlook, give it a try.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of ClickYes Pro 3.0.2. The trial version is limited to 30 days.
ClickYes Pro is a tuning tool for Microsoft Outlook security settings. It allows configuring which applications can automatically send emails using Outlook and access email addresses stored in Outlook address book. ClickYes Pro runs as a background task providing a convenient icon in the taskbar notification area to manage allowed applications. It uses an encrypted storage and is highly secure and safe.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Manage Outlook security warnings in applications and add-ins.
- Get a comprehensive library of 4500 sample business letters and...
- Change registry settings that are normally hidden deeply in Win...
- Prepare any business documents from 6000 professionally written...
- Modify security setting.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Securely store and manage your passwords.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Get enhanced Web access to Microsoft Exchange.
- Sends MS Olk to system tray.
- Manipulate the Windows registry to your benefit.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Secure your organization's information.
- Ensure your server's security patches are updated.
- Prevent unauthorized changes to important system-wide settings ...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Load and perform packet capture, and visualize the results.