CNET Editors' review
If you find yourself spending way too much time trying to locate frequently-used Microsoft Office commands through its newly designed interface, this program is for you. It reintroduces the toolbars found in previous versions of Office.
During the installation process for Classic Menu for Office 2007, you have the option of selecting which of the MS Office programs you want to apply its changes to. The program doesn't dramatically change the interface. For MS Word and Excel, it simply added an extra Menu tab that contained all of the old toolbars from previous versions. If you want to remove all traces of the new interface, the program features a manager that lets you hide the other tabs. We clicked through each one and they worked exactly as expected.
The program isn't free, but we were unable to locate any kind of trial period. It may be there, but the program doesn't make a point of advertising it. In terms of help, the manager provides two links that take you to the publisher's main Web page and to a support page. Obviously, if you have access to an older version of MS Office, we recommend you go back to that version. But if you're stuck using Office 2007 and find yourself reminiscing of the older toolbar-style user interface, we highly recommend this program for you.
Classic Menu for Office 2007 is an application that display menus and toolbars of Office 2007. Could not see the menus in the last version of MS Office? Just download and install this software, you will see and enjoy classic menus and toolbars of Office 2007(include Excel, Word and PowerPoint), as in the Office 2003/XP. The familiar Office 2003 interface has been replaced by the Ribbon. It is cool and powerful, but many users can't find some of the features because they are hidden or moved to other places. If you install Classic Menu for Office 2007, these menus and toolbars will be retrieved and shown. All new features items of Microsoft Office 2007 have been added into the classic menu and toolbars. Supports all languages that are supported by Microsoft Office 2007: English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Arabic, Korean, Chinese. You can add the menus and toolbars to Quick Access Toolbar, then you can minimize the Ribbon and finish all operations without Ribbon.
What's new in this version: Version 7.25 solved issues if there is a symbol and in the file name, the Recent Files will be empty.
More Products to Consider
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Show the classic menus and toolbar of Microsoft Office.
- Process documents and save them in various formats.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Expand your Microsoft Office programs with handwriting option i...
- Make the web development an easy task.
- View and extract cache files from Google Chrome Web browser.
- Get Administrative Templates for 2007 Microsoft Office system p...
- Save PDF files in your MS Office 2007 programs.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Get quick access to Microsoft Office programs.
- Create and edit documents and manage e-mail.
- Resize and move windows with your mouse.
All versions:4.0 stars
out of 35 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Freeware works the same. . . and is free!"
Version: Classic Menu for Office 2007 7.25
This classic word menu program works like it should, however, once the trial period ran out $29.95 was just too much to pay when there are freeware programs like UBitmenu that do the same thing and are free for personal use.
There are multiple free options that offer the same functions as this program, and there are commercial options that cost less - do a websearch for both categories. I've gone back to UBitMenu for their version of the classic word menu.