Chicken of the VNC is a fast, lightweight VNC client for Mac OS X. A VNC client allows one to display and interact with a remote computer screen. In other words, you can use Chicken of the VNC to interact with a remote computer as though it's right next to you.
Chicken features automatic server discovery via Rendezvous; listen mode for navigating through firewalls; an auto-scrolling full-screen mode; keychain integration; CPU performance throttling; remappable, smart unicode keybindings; mouse button emulation and native multibutton support; tons of supported transfer encodings including Tight and ZLib; and customizable connection profiles.
This program is distributed under the GNU public license. Source code is available and contributions are welcome!
What's new in this version:
- Chicken of the VNC is now a universal binary.
- Resolved an issue that caused an "ZLibHex unknown subencoding" error when using ZRLE encoding to connect to an UltraVNC server.
- Resolved an issue that caused pasting text to work incorrectly if the text contained repeating characters.
- Bonjour server discovery now works properly when the server uses a non-standard port or display number.
- Clicking an inactive connection window no longer passes that clic... See all new features »