CNET Editors' review
Electronic payment systems continue to evolve, yet traditional checks (also spelled "cheques") remain critical to business and the global economy. Software like Evinco's ChequePrinting.Net 2.8.1 bridges the gap, combining the security and physical record of payment of checks with electronic efficiency and advanced management capabilities in a networked database environment. It lets you print and manage all elements of a check and record and manage the transactions in one interface. It includes some useful extras, too, such as a payment voucher template.
When you first run ChequePrinting.Net, a wizard prompts you to connect to a database or run the software locally; some users will want to contact their network or database administrators to properly configure access. The software itself has the familiar, businesslike look and feel of a Windows program, with an efficient layout anchored on the left-hand navigation panel, called the Tool Box. The main control icons run across the top of the primary view; these include separate icons for both Print and Batch Print. We've tested a lot of programs designed to manage, report, and print out documentation that was once done the hard way, and ChequePrinting.Net stands among the best as a productivity enhancer. We especially like the wide variety of top-quality check templates, which printed out as crisp, accurate images on plain paper in our laser printer, though check paper is recommended for actual use. Functions like setting passwords and backups, designating printers, changing fonts and numbering, and even importing data are all handled by small, clearly labeled pop-up dialogs, though more comprehensive controls are available, as well as considerable documentation in online and PDF formats.
Not everyone needs the capability to write and print checks with a few mouse clicks, but for businesses, organizations, and associations that write a lot of checks, ChequePrinting.Net could be a valuable tool for both productivity and management.
Editors' note: This is a review of the full version of ChequePrinting.Net Software 2.8.1. The trial version is limited to 25-check printing.
From Evinco Solutions:
ChequePrinting.Net is an enterprise-level cheque printing software that provides a multi-user environment to print and manage your cheques. ChequePrinting.Net provides a complete cheque printing which can print all the cheque elements. You are no need to write any, just fill in the software and print the cheque. All issued cheques are kept in records and listed in the cheque book. The software also provides the payment voucher form.
What's new in this version: Version 3.8.2 has added amount threshold column for user Import & Export and fixed preview pane display issue when viewing very large cheque.
More Products to Consider
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert Adobe PDF file to MS Word file format.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Build and manage your personalized data structure to fit your o...
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Create and print personal digital scrapbook pages from your pho...
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Store and organize your contacts and information.
- Create, view, edit and share word, spreadsheet and presentation...
- Organize daily prayer, notes, and save verses.
- Design and print your own business cards with logo from profess...
- Print cheques from your PC.
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Create Adobe compatible PDFs from over 300 applications, print ...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Build relationship, collaborate, and enhance sales.
- Manage your books with different fields and features.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Print your forms.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Play a rich-featured realistic 3D game of sudoku.