CNET Editors' review
Checkbook for Excel is a truly easy-to-use checkbook application that can help alleviate the anxiety of keeping track of expenses, deposits, service fees, and other details of keeping a checking account on the money.
It's so much better than your average paper checkbook register, Checkbook for Excel can be customized to track expenses; flag tax-related events; manage one's PayPal expenses, deposits and fees; prepare and print reports; even print checks. All you have to do is set up a ledger sheet for each financial account you wish to manage. It is here you will be prompted to provide the details (name and address of creditor, amount, whether recurring, and more) of each expense and deposit. And it is in these details that the complexity of managing one's financial life becomes, well, less complex. The most challenging part of Checkbook for Excel is making sure you remember to actually enter the data, particularly those ATM withdrawals. You can also split category designations, which is particularly helpful if you want to track childcare expenses that may be of tax consequence. The only limiting factor is that you cannot create a new category (such as "beekeeping"), but instead rely on a generic miscellaneous category.
You have 30 days to try out Checkbook for Excel. The Help features are very straightforward and well placed throughout the application. It is a smart, easy-to-use checkbook application with the right kind of sensible extras that make managing one's financial life less complex.
From DJI Computer Solutions:
Checkbook for Excel is a custom personal & business finance application written for Microsoft Excel and is completely compatible with Excel 2007/2010/2013 and higher. This version is an upgrade of the popular version 5.x and provides a host of new features and improvements. It retains the same intuitive yet powerful interface from the earlier versions and provides all the necessary features for managing your financial accounts without all the excess baggage and gratuitous advertising associated with the popular personal finance packages. This makes it faster and easier to use. Checkbook for Excel provides exactly what you need; a simple, easy way to track, maintain and balance your bank accounts, credit cards and other business and personal expenses.
What's new in this version: It provides a new enhanced user interface utilizing a customized tab on the Office Ribbon. Adds new transaction types including the ability to automatically transfer funds between accounts. Provides the ability to add custom transaction types. Adds the ability to import data from multiple file formats, including CSV files, QFX files, OFX files and other Excel files in addition to QIF files. Adds the ability to import data from other file formats one transaction at a time with the ability to edit... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Create printable calendars with saved activities in Microsoft W...
- Take notes and stick them to your desktop.
- Manage your email, time and calendar.
- Create Post-it notes, bookmark Web sites, send/receive notes, s...
- Split and merge PDF documents.
- Keep track of how much you spend and where it's all going.
- Create and manage various events and to-do list on your desktop...
- Record and monitor your financial transactions.
- Schedule, plan, and remind yourself of important events.
- Control your personal or family finances with Finance Planner.
- Organize your life, manage contacts, create to do list, and be ...
- Learn different terminologies used in personal finance and inve...
- Create amortization schedule in Excel for fixed-rate loan.
- Manage your business and personal finance with multiple feature...
- Calculate mortgage payments with ease.
- Build, save, share, and print arbitrary mind maps.
- Create spreadsheets, analyze and share information.
- Get a small business/personal accounting tool.
- Catch up with your daily events and meeting schedules.
- Organize, manage, and correct your financial accounting data.
- Transfer content between Android, iPhone, and Symbian phones.
- Calculate your finances, and manage your debts.
- Keep track of income and expenses.
- Create and organize sticky notes and reminders on your desktop.
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 4 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-3 of 3
Version: Checkbook for Excel 5.2f
none none none
I couldn"t do a thing with it. It asked for a password to use it??
"Looks good but can't try because it's locked"
Version: Checkbook for Excel 5.2
It looks like it can be anything from basic checkbook balancer to helping reconcile with your taxes. Everything is clear and easy to read
It's locked so I can't try it. No samples even to see what exactly should go where.
If you like and know Excel it looks like a good product. If you only use Excel basics, you may be confused or disappointed and there's no way to find out since everything is locked.Ok, I would now give this a two because most of these features can be obtained for free from the Microsoft Website. If you go into Excel and choose "new" you can find templates for things like checkbook register, budgeting, etc., all of them free, most of them more attractive than this program. The one advantage this program has is that it's all in one place, you don't have to find the various templates you need. But I'd rather save my $19 and take a few minutes to find the templates that work best for me. In fact, that's what I'm going to do.
Updated on Sep 12, 2008
"A very good product"
Version: Checkbook for Excel 5.2
Very straightforward, easy to use product. I was able to modify check printout to match my checks. Reports are very useful.