CNET Editors' review
CheatSheet for Mac enables users to have a virtual encyclopedia of hot keys right at their fingertips. Every program on a Mac includes anywhere from a few to dozens of these hot keys, and this app provides them in menu form so that users are not forced to remember them.
Installation of the application was quite easy. Once you open the program to run, it not only lets you know if there are changes you need to make to your settings, but also it opens a window linking right to the appropriate place in System Preferences. Many amateur users, for whom this product is especially useful, will find this step in the installation invaluable. Once CheatSheet for Mac has been installed, it worked with every program that we tested, and did so seamlessly. By merely holding down the Command key when a program is open, this application will populate a list of many of the available hot keys. You don't have to memorize them, though, as each hot key listing is actually also a link to the function. Click on what you want performed, and the application takes you right to that function. Even though it did miss just a few hot keys, almost every essential one is there.
Ultimately, CheatSheet for Mac is a great application, and would be very useful for anyone just learning their way around a Mac or anyone who has a ton of hot keys to remember.
From Media Atelier:
Just hold the Command key a bit longer to get a list of all active short cuts of the current application. It's as simple as that.
More Products to Consider
- Simple alarm clock & timer.
- Enhanced calendar app with iCal and Google Calendar sync/sharin...
- Scientific and Programmers desktop calculator with variables an...
- Powerful general purpose text editor, and Unix and server admin...
- Save & organize any text you may want handy.
- Edit mind maps, XML/HTML documents, and directory trees.
- Countup/countdown chronometer.
- Play a wide range of audio files at variable speed to assist wi...
- Personal finance and money management for individuals and small...
- OneNote-style note taking and clipping app.
- Clear duplicate contacts out of Address Book.
- Easy and free Personal todo list and shared task list for your ...
- Sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose.
- Keyboard-based app launcher and search tool.
- All-in-1 tool for tracking and analyzing your investments and t...
- Customize and correct certain annoying new features in Lion.
- Video SIP softphone application.
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Organize and manage your finances and track your spending.
- A goofy idea organizer and information manager.
- Sketchpad for sharing visual ideas.
- Quickly create visually appealing mind maps.
- Make free space on your Mac.
- Utility that helps you organize your applications on the Launch...
All versions:3.2 stars
out of 5 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Great app, but got adware from downloading it"
Version: CheatSheet 1.2
Good app, helpful
Got infected by mybrowserbar.com adware when I installed it. Not sure if it was this software or the CNET installer.
Realised this is bundled with the CNET Secure Download. Make sure you use the Direct Link to avoid Adware!
Updated on Oct 31, 2013
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content