CNET Editors' reviewWith no music, primitive sounds, and low-res (though colorful) graphics, the 10-year-old Charlie the Duck comes off as an inferior copycat of Super Mario Bros. As the aforementioned duck, you run around the sideways-scrolling landscape, collecting gems and avoiding hostile creatures--or jumping on their heads. The gameplay is passable, but the outdated graphics look like they were designed for an eight-bit console. The audio is even more disappointing. There's no music at all, and the sound effects are primitive, to put it charitably. For instance, when a bee stings your duck, you hear a WinXP-like chord. To be fair, Charlie the Duck is generally playable, but you can find much better demos, including the same publisher's sequel to this game, Charlie II. Only dedicated platformer fans will want to pay $7.50 for the full version.
From Wiering Software:
This is a small, fun platform game about a cute duck. Guide Charlie through several beautiful parallax scrolling levels filled with hidden surprises. Collect coins and diamonds and watch out for dangerous creatures. Charlie can swim in the water and dive to discover hidden areas. Version 2.4 features new sound system (uses MIDI).
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Play the classic jump-'n-run, side-scrolling game and rid the w...
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Help Tobi escape his enemies and collect the famous golden donu...
- Maneuver a team of three Sonic characters in their quest to bri...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Collect gold and avoid evil student loan creditors.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Make your way through levels and defeat an evil wizard.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Explore fantastic environments while searching for magical gems...
- Explore the grounds of a psychic summer camp in this unique 3D ...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Foil the evil Dr. Robotnik's plans for world domination.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
- Play 12 solitaire card games on your PC.
- Play a Mario game with a whole new platform engine.
- Add new features to your Red Alert 2 game.
- Solve puzzles and play an action platform game.
- Collect all diamonds to open the door.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
All versions:4.4 stars
out of 21 votes
Current version:4.0 stars
out of 4 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"you can play it on internet without download it..."
Version: Charlie the Duck 2.4
err i havent played this.
i dont wanna play it
Version: Charlie the Duck 2.4
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: