As reported by William Carrel, at http://www.carrel.org/dhcp-vuln.html, the default setting for LDAPv3 directory access in Panther and earlier versions of Mac OS X creates a potential vulnerability. Apple has released information on a workaround at:
This procedure does disable the vulnerability's access point. However, some folks may not be comfortable changing Directory Access settings, or may not want to walk remote users through it.
So, this script does that via UI scripting. Because it has to use UI scripting, it only works on Panther, (that's the only OS release that I can count on having UI scripting installed on.)
You also MUST be able to authenticate as an administrator on any mac you run this on.
So, lets review...to use this script, you MUST:
1) Be running some version of Panther
2) Be an administrator on the machine you run the script on.
What's new in this version: creeted already good flag so that you don't get erroneous messages if you're ahead of the game.
Thanks to Todd McDaniel for spotting this.
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- Auto connect to Wi-Fi hotspots which need username & password.
- Send keyboard and mouse events to a remote machine and see the ...
- Create OmniGraffle charts using AddressBook.
- Triggers AppleScripts on sleep, wake, log-in/out, idle, hot key...
- Get things done at home or on the go.
- Remote control to manage Macs.
- Scripts for Adobe Creative Suite 3.
- Database connection utility.
- Generate registration and licensing libraries for your applicat...
- Collection of general purpose AppleScript functions.
- Enterprise/standard edition database server.