As reported by William Carrel, at http://www.carrel.org/dhcp-vuln.html, the default setting for LDAPv3 directory access in Panther and earlier versions of Mac OS X creates a potential vulnerability. Apple has released information on a workaround at:
This procedure does disable the vulnerability's access point. However, some folks may not be comfortable changing Directory Access settings, or may not want to walk remote users through it.
So, this script does that via UI scripting. Because it has to use UI scripting, it only works on Panther, (that's the only OS release that I can count on having UI scripting installed on.)
You also MUST be able to authenticate as an administrator on any mac you run this on.
So, lets review...to use this script, you MUST:
1) Be running some version of Panther
2) Be an administrator on the machine you run the script on.
What's new in this version: creeted already good flag so that you don't get erroneous messages if you're ahead of the game.
Thanks to Todd McDaniel for spotting this.
More Products to Consider
- Serve media to PlayStation 3's or other UPnP devices.
- Remote control any Mac over the internet within seconds.
- IPsec VPN client (login required).
- 802.11 WiFi wireless scanner and connection manager.
- Get instant secure access to your computer and its programs and...
- Wireless sniffer & scanner that uses monitor mode and passive s...
- Arrange multiple computers into one secure network.
- Manage, update and maintain enterprise deployments of Apple dev...
- Point-and-click your way through the package creation process.
- Connect to remote Windows desktops.
- Mount remotely another Mac with full root access to it.
- Cocoa front-end for SSH, SFTP and SCP.
- Use just one tool to check (X)HTML, accessibility, spelling and...
- Make configuring your Apache Web Server, DNS, and FTP simpler.
- Version control system that uses SCM protocol.
- Create OmniGraffle charts using AddressBook.
- Find and map 802.11b/g/n wireless networks.
- Triggers AppleScripts on sleep, wake, log-in/out, idle, hot key...
- Have every device on your network at your fingertips.
- Scripts for Adobe Creative Suite 3.
- Display machines, Mac users, IPs on the local network.
- Easily test and measure the performance of your home or office ...
- Network administration and security testing utility.
- Command-line file transfer tool.