CNET Editors' review
Good record-keeping is an important part of any business, and people typically end up using multiple programs to take care of it. BusinessTracker is a simple program that aims to meet a lot of your record-keeping needs in one place. Although we like the idea of the program, it wasn't as easy to use as we hoped it would be.
The program's interface is plain and fairly intuitive, although not quite as intuitive as the program's documentation would suggest. BusinessTracker's functions are arranged in a tree hierarchy down the left side of the interface. There are sections for companies, archives, and reports, as well as a price list and list of competitors and their comparable products. BusinessTracker also contains links to launch a Google search and Microsoft Office products. Although many of the program's features were commonsensical--we didn't have any trouble adding new contacts, for example--others weren't so easy to figure out. According to the PDF Help file you can keep track of sales data by importing it from a CSV file, but we never did find the import feature. The price list feature seemed to get hung up when we attempted to attach a document to it, leaving us with an uneditable text field in an otherwise empty screen. The program has built-in mouse-over Help for many of its features, but we didn't find the guidance it offered to be particularly useful. Overall, BusinessTracker wasn't awful, but we think it needs some more work before it will be an attractive option for businesspeople.
BusinessTracker comes as a ZIP file. It installs politely but leaves a folder and Start menu icon behind upon removal.
BusinessTracker is the successor of Customer Contact, a customer relationship management tool, designed for sales people with a minimum understanding of computers without compromising the versatility of the program. An easy to use interface allows for simple understanding of all functions within the program. The program has been designed with a "Click 'n Go" approach, thereby eliminating the need for a lengthy learning curve. BusinessTracker uses context sensitive help for each field. Therefore, the user is never at a loss as to what to enter or what to do. BusinessTracker can be tailor-made to your requirements.
What's new in this version: Version 1.4 is a bug fixing release.
More Products to Consider
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Create, manage, and collaborate with others on presentations.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Get sleek modern-looking icons for use in interfaces of softwar...
- Split or join files applying multiple advanced features.
- Get manuscript submission tracking program.
- Track multilevel marketing customers, distributors, and sales.
- Enhance sales productivity by automating the sales process.
- Record Windows macros and automate repetitive tasks through a v...
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Automate and simplify your sales process.
- Protect your kids, friends and yourself by having an Internet a...
- Browse the Web with speed and an elegant interface.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
Version: BusinessTracker 1.4
I install the program, and the program automatically open my outlook and sent an e-mail to there company.
I want to choose which e-mail to use. Your are not allowed to use my primary business e-mail without my authorization.
Do not use this program, will take your personal information without your authorization.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content