CNET Editors' review
We have to admit that when we first laid eyes on Bubble Breaker, we weren't impressed. It was nothing but a small rectangle full of colored circles arranged in a grid, and clicking on them in groups of two or more of the same color made them disappear. This didn't seem particularly fun or exciting at first, but once we played a few rounds and figured out exactly how the game worked, we couldn't tear ourselves away.
The object of the game is to attain a high score by popping bubbles, but this isn't obvious in the beginning, since there are no instructions or Help file. We finally figured out that the bubbles' point value increases depending on how many bubbles are in the group; a group of two bubbles is worth two points, a group of three is worth six, a group of four is worth 12, and so on. So although the game is easy to play--just point and click--achieving a high score involves plenty of strategizing to get lots of bubbles of the same color grouped together. There are four different bubble sizes to choose from, and you can also select custom colors for the bubbles. The four game modes--Standard, Continuous, Shifter, and Mega Shifter--provide varying levels of challenge.
Our major complaint about Bubble Breaker, aside from its complete lack of documentation, was the fact that it installed a Bing toolbar and WeatherBug without our permission. We're not a big fan of programs that bring uninvited software with them, and there are no doubt versions of this game that don't. But if you don't mind uninstalling programs that you never wanted to begin with, Bubble Breaker is an excellent choice for an addictive puzzle game.
From Geeky Dads Software:
Bubble Breaker is easy to learn, yet difficult to master. The objective is to align similar bubbles to form large blocks of bubbles before bursting them. The more bubbles you have in the block before they are burst, the greater number of points you will receive. To burst a bubble, the bubble must be connected to other similar bubbles on the playing board. If you tap a bubble that is connected, those connected bubbles will be highlighted and a new bubble will pop up, displaying that block's potential bubble points. Tap your selection again to burst the bubbles.
What's new in this version: Version 1.3 includes minor bug fixes and Windows 7 performance.
More Products to Consider
- Add new cars and new scenery to Vice City.
- Get behind the wheel and own the streets from dusk til dawn.
- Play the latest continuation of Super Mario 3: Mario Forever.
- Shoot the bouncing balls to destroy them all.
- Play diamond puzzle game.
- Play the classic jump-'n-run, side-scrolling game and rid the w...
- Give Tommy Vercetti a new wardrobe.
- Try both single-player and multiplayer modes in this illicit st...
- Build anything you can imagine with blocks.
- Play Spider Four Suits and four other spider solitaire card gam...
- Update The Sims 3 to v1.6.6.002002.
- Play online shooting hunting outdoors game with tournaments and...
- Place falling marbles into one place.
- Drive your truck across America and build your own business emp...
- Remake of classic puzzle game.
- Throw water balloons or drop cheese to Nibbles.
- Challenge yourself with this Age of Empires sequel.
- Test and run DOS based games on a DOSBox graphical environment.
- Play an arcade aviation simulator dedicated to the events of WW...
- Put characters in awkward poses, create your own wheeled vehicl...
- Puzzle game.
- Play 450 solitaire versions, from classics like Klondike to his...
- Enjoy playing four solitaire games.
- Play GTA:Vice City online or via LAN connection.
All versions:2.8 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:1.0 stars
out of 2 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
"Bloated w/ SPYWARE Installs 5 programs w/o permission"
Version: Bubble Breaker 1.3
FAIL. SPYWARE. Weather Bug. Bloatware and does NOT ask for permission. DO NOT TRUST THIS APP.
WORSE SPYWARE! These scum should be in prison.
EPIC FAIL. Weather Bug SPYWARE.
"got more than just a simple game"
Version: Bubble Breaker 1.3
There are no pros
Downloaded the game but also the Bing Bar,Weatherbug,and Windows Live ID with out prior knowledge or opt-out.
Gone! Revo to the rescue.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content