From Kainjow Software:
BootChamp is a small utility for quickly booting into Windows. How is this different than selecting your Windows volume from within Startup Disk in System Preferences? Well, using Startup Disk actually changes your startup disk permanently so that each time you restart, it boots into whatever you have selected. What this program is doing is the same thing that happens when you hold down Option at startup and select Windows. However, the app only requires a single click and your admin password, and then it restarts your computer into Windows without further input from you. It will not actually change your startup disk. The application has two modes of function. By default the application will create a menu item in your menu bar when launched. However it can also begin the booting process as soon as it's launched. To enable this, open Terminal and enter defaults write com.kainjow.BootChamp DefaultBehavior 1. To change it back, simply use a 0 instead.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor widget: cpu, memory, bandwidth, drive, fans, temps...
- Control fans of your intel mac to cool it down, monitor temp.
- Remove unwanted language resources from OS X and installed apps...
- Adds AirPrint support to many third-party printers.
- Command-line utility to expand RAR archives.
- Control your MacBook's fans.
- Conceal your IP address on the web.
- Access hidden preferences settings.
- AutoCAD (dwg & dxf) & eDrawings viewer.
- Make the color of your computer's display adapt to the time of ...
- Get pop-up notifications for iTunes track changes, new email, a...
- Spelling & pronunciation widget dictionary.
- Forces windows to go full screen when you click the green orb b...
- Count down the seconds to any event right on your dashboard.
- Icon and Dock cataloging and customization.
- AppleScript tool to force-eject troublesome disks.
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Allows you to script mouse clicks with shortcuts.
- Display and hide hidden files.
- Reclaim disk space by removing apps, sweeping large files, find...
- Boot from a different startup disk.
- Disk Speed Test is an easy to use tool to quickly measure and c...
- Clone your Boot Camp partition from OS X.
- AirPlay mirror your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to any Mac.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Finally, ...a solution."
Version: BootChamp 1.5.3
Easy to use replacement and viable alternative to using the 'alt' key when booting to Windows on your Mac using Bootcamp.
There are no cons.
This simple solution to booting to Windows within Mac solves the problem that was inherent in Bootcamp's design. Holding down the 'alt' key was the original mechanism for booting to Windows at start-up. However, for the several years, most modern iMacs in particular use wireless keyboards. The keyboard, naturally, does not pair with Windows prior to startup. This app works on the Mac side to reboot to Windows without making Windows your default startup disk.
A must for any iMac user with Bootcamp. Thank you, Bootchamp, for solving the issue that Coopertino obviously could not.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content
See more CNET content tagged: