CNET Editors' review
Book Writer provides some interesting tools aimed at helping writers organize themselves. Its helpful features and smooth flow make for an interesting way to write.
The program's interface appeared cluttered, but it was surprisingly simple to grasp. It reminded us of a mix of word processing software and database managers. With a brief look at the Help file's tutorial, we were able to start building a book. One unfortunate aspect was that we couldn't start fresh and had to build our work off of the example book due to the software's trial limitations. Regardless, we got a great feel for Book Writer's capability to separate chapters, create outlines, and build a database of characters and a list of events. We were able to utilize all the tools by jumping to a chapter, typing up a scene, and inserting people and places from our database. One feature to keep organized was its Search option, which sorted through all the chapters and databases to find a specific phrase or word. We constantly felt this would be a beneficial tool for keeping complex projects organized, since it basically creates a set of virtual notes. Book Writer's interesting mix of writing software and data collection made it a helpful tool for writing books.
Book Writer's 30-day trial comes with limits, such as one sample book layout. It installs desktop icons without permission and leaves folders behind after uninstalling. Its mix of data and writing makes this a helpful tool that we recommend.
From Yadu Digital:
Book Writer is an editor and writing environment for creative writers.To give the writer a central hold on a project of multiple chapters,Book Writer provides a Project Manager and a Project Commander.With these, the project is more like a book or manuscript held in the hand than a number of files scattered in the dark of electronic space.Book Writer provides visual interfaces to manipulate a project's files by dragging or clicking book and chapter icons.Book Writer can copy, move and zip all or selected files in the project all at once.Book Writer can search all files in a project, replace text in all project files, index the project for instant text retrieval, and move from file to file to show the findings.
More Products to Consider
- Take an open-source approach to office productivity.
- Convert PDF files to Microsoft Word format.
- Open, edit, and save files using the new file formats in 2007 v...
- View, navigate, and print PDF files.
- Convert JPG, BMP, TIFF, PNG images to PDF files.
- Create novel and translation files on PC.
- Create and share content with the help of a comprehensive set o...
- Transform PDF documents to Excel documents.
- Create, encrypt, and merge PDF files.
- Keep track of how you use your PC.
- Render PDF files within applications that support the print fun...
- Develop your own custom solutions visualizing various data.
- Read, create, and save files seamlessly in Office 2007/2010 and...
- Recognize text from images using the open source Tesseract OCR ...
- Download some Celtic fonts and add a bit of Ireland to your fon...
- Creates/manages PAD files.
- Add a bit of Ireland to your font collection.
- Enable users to upload files onto the server.
- Convert Word, RTF, and TXT files into PDF documents.
- Search and locate Ohio County Court records online.
- Analyze your birth chart to forecast all events that can arise ...
- Manage SQL stored procedures across multiple servers.
- Generate Feng Shui chart for you home to harmonize your living ...
- Track and report incoming and outgoing cash flow.
All versions:5.0 stars
out of 2 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-2 of 2
Version: Book Writer 2.0
Good - I had no download problems or installation difficulties. This seems like a good product for organizing one's writing, I didn't really have high hopes for it, but I was delightfully surprised. There's a lot of buttons and options, so it might take a bit getting used to, but definitely useful.
Version: Book Writer 2.0
Would like to see a grammar feature, apart from that, everything is perfect for writing a book!