From Timothy R. Butler:
Bochs is a highly portable open source IA-32 (x86) PC emulator written in C++, that runs on most popular platforms. It includes emulation of the Intel x86 CPU, common I/O devices, and a custom BIOS. Currently, bochs can be compiled to emulate a 386, 486 or Pentium CPU. Bochs is capable of running most Operating Systems inside the emulation including Linux, Windows 95, DOS, and recently Windows NT 4. Bochs was written by Kevin Lawton and is currently maintained by this project.
Bochs can be compiled and used in a variety of modes, some which are still in development. The 'typical' use of bochs is to provide complete x86 PC emulation, including the x86 processor, hardware devices, and memory. This allows you to run OS's and software within the emulator on your workstation, much like you have a machine inside of a machine. For instance, let's say your workstation is a Unix/X11 workstation, but you want to run Win'95 applications. Bochs will allow you to run Win 95 and associated software on your Unix/X11 workstation, displaying a window on your workstation, simulating a monitor on a PC.
What's new in this version:
- VMX: implemented VMENTER to non-active guest state (HLT, SHUTDOWN, WAIT-FOR-SIPI)
- VMX: fixed write of guest segment access rights VMCS fields (32-bit field
was truncated to 16-bit)
- CPUID: Don't report Architectural Performance Monitoring in CPUID.
Reporting true capabilities without actually supporting them breaks Win7 x64 installation.
- CPUID: Fixed bx_generic CPUID std leafs (all std leafs > 2 were corrupted)
- CPUI... See all new features
More Products to Consider
- Expand over 30 formats: StuffIt, Zip, RAR, 7z, tar, open encryp...
- Expand RAR archives on your Mac.
- Snow Leopard operating system.
- Graphical disk usage utility.
- Extract, recover, and backup WhatsApp chat messages on your iPh...
- Mac operating system for Intel-based Macs.
- Mount, read & write to NTFS-formatted drives under OS X.
- Uninstall apps easily.
- Recover data and photos from lost partitions and drives.
- Add tabs and new features to the OS X Finder.
- Graphically displays disk usage.
- Screen capture utility.
- Edit Word documents, XLS files, and databases.
- Synchronize your files automatically to your computers and the ...
- Web browser with Mozilla's rendering engine.
- Recover files, photos and office documents.
- OS X Mountain Lion is the latest release of the world's most ad...
- Database of every Mac model and other Apple hardware.
- Semi-modular 32-note polyphonic software synthesizer.
- Recovers photo, videos and music files efficiently.
- Alternative Web browser with server-side compression for slow c...
- Data recovery software.
- Digital signage software for ViewStream media players.
- Restore bmp, jpg, png, tif, mp3 files fast and accurately.