CNET Editors' review
This clever little application allows users to take command of their open apps by hiding them with a quick mouse click or a few strokes of the keyboard, though one of the hot keys failed to work during our tests.
BlazingTools Boss Invisible has a covert, easy-to-use interface that's accessible when you hover your mouse over the upper-left part of your screen. From there, you can configure program settings and add all running programs you want to hide. Of course, hot keys are supported, but what sets it apart from similar programs is that it shows/hides windows by placing your cursor over a user-specified area on the desktop.
We were impressed with how the handy Auto Addition feature automatically added windows and applications to the list every time it detected user-specified keywords and how the program effectively launched user-specified programs in hidden mode. For increased stealth, we were able to hide applications' tray icons as well. We were also able to hide/show running programs using the mouse and hot keys, but the hot key for muting the system sound didn't work during testing.
This trial version lets you use the program only up to 15 times. Even so, chronic slackers with particularly nosy work colleagues will find Boss Invisible delivers on most of its promises.
From BlazingTools Software:
If you have ever had someone walk into the room unexpectedly while you are playing a game on your computer, or looking at erotic pictures, or you have something on your computer screen that you don't want seen then Boss Invisible is for you. With Boss Invisible, you can control the visibility of all programs running on your computer with just a quick move of your mouse or by pressing a hotkey.
More Products to Consider
- Bring back the Windows "Start" menu to Windows 8.
- Return the Windows 7 style Start menu to Windows 8.
- Clean up icon clutter on your desktop.
- Set unlimited numbers of alarm clocks on Windows.
- Get access to multiple remote desktops simultaneously on your o...
- Enhance your desktop with different widgets.
- Control audio tracks using input devices and associate playlist...
- Enable clock with countdown, reminder, stopwatch, and desktop s...
- Limit your kids' daily computer and game usage.
- Get dock with live icon reflections and speed up access to your...
- Monitor employees' activities.
- Place favorite Web links, program shortcuts, and widgets on a f...
- Monitor a remote computer invisibly by streaming screenshots to...
- Try to keep the ball in the game to get more points.
- Customize the look and feel of the Windows desktop interface wi...
- Design your game screens without writing a single line of code.
- Add and remove features to your system.
- Enjoy a 3D graphical fantasy roll-playing adventure game for mu...
- Give your Windows 7, XP, or Vista cursor a wide range of effect...
- Play Chinese Chess human VS human or human VS computer.
- Control Winamp with a joystick.
- Play Sudoku on your computer.
- Personalize your Windows 8/8.1 start and lock screens with your...
- Play blackjack game against your computer.