CNET Editors' review
As digital photography has grown in popularity, so, too, have digital means of displaying photographs. Bix Photo Book is an easy way to duplicate the experience of flipping through a physical photo album without having to print and mount your photos.
The program's interface consists of an animated photo album displayed on what looks like a hardwood floor. To populate the album with images, simply select any image in the desired folder, and all images in the folder will be included. From there, the album is fairly customizable; users can specify the color of the pages and the background image, and there are 16 different effects that can be applied to the images (although you can only use one effect at a time). Bix Photo Book also offers a variety of different angles from which the album can be viewed, allowing users to zoom in and out and even specify the direction from which the light shines on the album. The album can be exported as an AVI movie to be shared with others. An online Help file is brief but adequate. Overall, we found Bix Photo Book easy to use, but some users may want to further customize their albums by controlling the layout of the images or adding text, actions that Bix Photo Book doesn't support.
Bix Photo Book is free to try, but the trial version only lets users view the first three pages of the album. The program installs a desktop icon without asking and leaves a folder and Start menu icon behind upon removal; users must also install Directx if they don't already have it. We recommend this program to all users.
From Outerspace Software:
Bix Photo Book lets you browse your pictures just like a real photo album in 3D on your computer. The result can be exported as a movie file for further processing in DVD authoring tools. Your photo book is fully personalizable. Special effects include: smooth 3D page turning animations, various 3D views, zooming flipping and rotation of pictures, realtime filter effects with pixel shaders, transparency effects.
What's new in this version: Version 3.4.2 fixes "not responding" problem when exporting as AVI.
More Products to Consider
- View and edit most graphics formats simply and quickly.
- View, edit, print, or add frames to your photos.
- Manage, view, convert, and edit your images.
- Edit, enhance, and manipulate your digital photos or graphics.
- Create and edit photos using layers, effects, and other tools.
- Optimize your photos and turn them into paintings or funny cari...
- Create and alter photos and graphics manually or via scripting.
- Blend pictures and create single composition of two images.
- Organize, edit, and share pictures with this free photo manager...
- Create powerful images with a full-featured image editor.
- Take a snapshot of anything on your computer screen.
- Organize your digital photos in virtual collections and albums.
- Create albums with your digital pictures on CDs.
- Edit photos, add photo frame, photo effects, collages, and funn...
- Ddownload, edit, manage, save, and share photos.
- Format and print your digital photos in an attractive album lay...
- Create, save, and upload your photo albums to the Web.
- Carry out all essential tasks of the photography workflow and d...
- Edit and organize digital pictures.
- Create 3D movies from your pictures, videos, and music to share...
- Create Web photo galleries.
- Capture and edit your images with various tools.
- View and control 3D model named Candy on your desktop.
- View photos, images, RAW files.
All versions:1.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1