CNET Editors' review
Bible Glo is a Bible study tool that includes the King James translation in full. For Mac, iPhone, and iPad, Bible Glo provides a wealth of accompanying information and analyses as well as linked resources and media content. The app is easy to install. The free version of Bible Glo has some limitations, but upgrading to the premium version will cost you $34.99.
The Bible Glo interface opens with a set of icons that let you decide what your actions will be during the session. Bible Glo calls these "lenses" as they control how you see the app. The interface look and feel changes depending on the lens you are using. There's a traditional reader interface allowing you to work your way through chapter and verse, with annotations and links to give additional information, interpretation, and analysis of each part if you want to learn more. The text is supplemented by images, art, and video, some of it useful and some merely add-ins for illustration purposes. An annoying aspect is that Bible Glo wants to collect your Facebook information, which seems unnecessary.
There are many Bible study and reader apps on the market. While Bible Glo tries to provide a good interface and additional resources, we think the cost of the paid app is too high compared with other apps on the market. Still, the free version of Bible Glo is worth examining, and you may find that to you it's worth the cost of upgrading.
From Immersion Digital:
Glo, The 2010 Bible of the Year, now available for Mac! Download Glo Bible and register to get the Bestselling NIV translation for FREE with full offline access! Existing Glo users: Download the Glo Bible app today, and log in using your Glo account to access your translations and media. Glo Lite also includes the KJV translation, "My Notes" and Highlights synchronization across all your devices (Mac, PC, iPad and iPhone), and full-resolution samples of Glo photos, artwork, virtual tours and videos. Plus, now you can login to your YouVersion account to see your public & private notes, as well as community notes and bookmarks! Glo is an interactive Bible that brings the text of Scripture to life through HD videos, high-resolution images, articles, 360-degree virtual tours, and much more. Glo Lite includes 2 lenses: Bible and Media. In the zoomable Bible lens it takes just taps 2 taps to access any chapter of the Bible. Each verse is linked to resources and media. Upgrade to Glo Premium in-app for access to 3500+ media elements linked to the entire Bible, plus the ESV and the Message translations, study notes, articles and more installed on your personal devices including Mac, PC, iPad or iPhone.
More Products to Consider
- Manage your e-book library and sync to reader devices.
- View satellite imagery, maps, terrain, 3D buildings, geographic...
- Remove every obstacle to effective Bible study.
- Google Maps desktop client for Mac.
- Classic typing instruction software.
- English-Urdu dictionary.
- Powerful mathematical language for performing scriptable tasks.
- Kids' artwork program with iLife integration.
- Synchronize your brainwaves to achieve a specific mood or exper...
- LaTeX editor and project organizer.
- Convert ePub to kindle, kindle to pdf, epub to azw, epub to pdf...
- Medical DICOM viewer/converter.
- Build, display, manipulate crystal and molecular structures.
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Simulate and experiment with some of the more commonly-used pro...
- Statistical data modeling tool.
- Calculate the usual transcendental functions, including the gam...
- Read, learn, annotate, and compare Bible passages.
- Vector cartography drawing app for drawing scaled plans & custo...
- 3D image processing software with DICOM/PACS support.
- 15 versions and 3 commentaries.
- Scripture reference remover.
- Powerful computer algebra system in your menu bar.
- Mathematics teaching and visualization tool.