CNET Editors' review
For average Mac users, the trackpad's default functioning can sometimes be frustrating. BetterTouchTool for Mac allows users to customize the trackpad operation for their whole system or individual applications.
Available as freeware, the program downloaded and installed quickly. After initial startup, BetterTouchTool for Mac attempted to access all of the computers on the test network, which is a strange function for the type of features offered. Lacking instructions, the program was difficult to interpret outside of the main menus, which were featured at the top of the window. The overall appearance of the program is very good, albeit a little confusing. Users can add functions for the Magic Mouse, keyboard, trackpad, Apple remote, and BTT remote. These functions can be specifically applied to individual apps or the system as a whole if desired. A large arrow indicates where to press to begin assigning functions to the selected device. Additional options include allowing window snapping just as in the Microsoft operating system. Once we were acquainted with the interface, assigning functions proved relatively easy, although some required changes to the system preferences. There did appear to be technical support available in the form of feedback and error reporting.
BetterTouchTool for Mac functions well and gives users control of device gestures, although advanced users may not need the assistance.
From Andreas Hegenberg:
BetterTouchTool lets you define tons of gestures for your Macbooks Trackpad, your MagicMouse and your MagicTrackpad. In addition to that it brings lots of new stuff to MacOS like Windows 7 like window snapping, window switchers.
More Products to Consider
- High-quality scanner driver with support for several manufactur...
- Mac driver for the Xbox 360 controller.
- Printer driver for the multi-function device.
- Scanner drivers.
- Enable Digidesign hardware.
- For ASIO-compatible apps.
- For HP printers.
- Edit and manage your images.
- Printer driver for the photosmart series.
- Upload files to Texas Instruments calculators.
- Scanner drivers.
- Advanced driver for USB/Bluetooth mice.
- Update your Apple DVD Player to get optimized DVD playback, Blu...
- Driver and software for the multi-function printer.
- Granularly customize input device behavior.
- Test USB game devices.
- Advanced configuration for Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad and MacB...
- Run a screensaver as a desktop picture.
- Clean, optimize and protect your Mac.
- Mix 'n' match screensaver.
- Set audio files, movies, CD tracks, and Internet radio stations...
- Drivers for video capture devices based on Empia 28xx.
- View, open, or launch applications from the title bar of the ac...
- Change various settings in Leopard to improve your Mac experien...
All versions:4.6 stars
out of 9 votes
Current version:5.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"must-have for all Macs"
Version: BetterTouchTool 0.921
Adds feature similar to AeroSnap for Windows. In my opinion, it's even better. You can also create shortcuts with the keyboard, touchpad, and mouse. This is one of the best pieces of software on my computer.
Add Your Review
Submit your reply
E-mail this review
Report offensive content