Unified Parallel C (UPC) is an extension of the C programming language designed for high performance computing on large-scale parallel machines.The language provides a uniform programming model for both shared and distributed memory hardware. The programmer is presented with a single shared, partitioned address space, where variables may be directly read and written by any processor, but each variable is physically associated with a single processor. UPC uses a Single Program Multiple Data (SPMD) model of computation in which the amount of parallelism is fixed at program startup time, typically with a single thread of execution per processor.
In order to express parallelism, UPC extends ISO C 99 with the following constructs:
- An explicitly parallel execution model
- A shared address space
- Synchronization primitives and a memory consistency model
- Memory management primitives
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Updates Java components.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Affinic Debugger Graphical User Interface (GDB) for Mac OS X.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Manage business database applications.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Checks for broken links on your site.
- Text editor for plain text files with many options.
- Rapidly prototype websites and application interfaces.
- Advanced property list & preference editor.
- OS X debugging server for PHP.
- Write your programs in Logtalk.
- Handle big numbers with a multi-precision RPN scientific calcul...
- High-level, lock-free parallel programming framework for multic...
- Configured Apache 2 Secure Web Server.
- 3D anatomy education and simulation software.
- Create games for Mac, PC, or Web with a free development tool.
- 4D component provides cross platform web server.