BWMeter helps you monitor and control your network. It is a bandwidth meter, monitor and traffic controlle that displays and manages all the traffic on your computer or on your network. It can analyze the data packets and tell you where they come from, where they go, which port and protocol they use. BWMeter creates statistics for all computers in your network, measuring and displaying all LAN traffic as well as download and upload from the internet.
What's new in this version: Version 6.5.2 fixes switching filter mode from / to normal and firewall.
More Products to Consider
- Monitor all your network connections or a specific network conn...
- Monitor your bandwidth and network data.
- Remote control computers via the Internet, take part in online ...
- Turn your laptop into a Wi-Fi hotspot (no need to install).
- Provide secure VPN service to unblock websites and surf safely ...
- Access blocked web sites via anonymous proxy.
- Share your Internet on your laptop over WiFi.
- Surf anonymously at full broadband speed.
- Monitor and control traffic to and from your computer or networ...
- Find and scan all computers on your network and provide easy ac...
- Perform scans on predefined port ranges.
- Monitor your network IP traffic.
- Record activities on your network segment to identify high band...
- Setup a WiFi hotspot or wireless router on your Windows compute...
- Display all active connections and capture and monitor selected...
- Use pure ARP to detect IP/MAC address, and control/change mac, ...
- Mnitor LAN, monitor 1,000 computers at the same time.
- Optimize your wireless network's channel and signal strength.
- Send and receive data on Telnet, SSH, Rlogin, and Raw protocols...
- Monitor traffic in local networks and on the Internet.
- Monitor uploads, downloads, CPU usage, and average data accurat...
- Extend LAN-like networks securely to distributed teams, mobile ...
- Manage and limit the bandwidth and monitor network traffic.
- Increase your network efficiency by limiting bandwidth and moni...
All versions:3.5 stars
out of 6 votes
Current version:0 stars Be the first to review this product
My rating:Write review
Results 1-6 of 6
"BWMeter4.1 installation resulted in Connection Error 769"
Version: BWMeter 4.1
I am a proud user of BWMeter 2.4.2 (a 5 star product). It's a great companion as it shows and controls both the traffic and the bandwidth used and keeps track of how much you have downloaded/uploaded (as hourly, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly statistics) since the program was installed and used. After two years of nonstop using of BWmeter 2.4.2, today it crashed and hanged. As I couldn't find its original pack to reinstall, decided to give its latest version (4.1.1) a try instead (please read below)
I downloaded, unzipped and started to install the program. At first it warned about finding an older version of BWmeter and that it needs to be completely removed. It also required me to uninstall all the info and statistics too and I foolishly did so without exporting the data to some other folders at least. After all these I began installing the 4.1.1 once more. It wasn't progressed halfway yet that the Windows XP warning message about the non certified program or the program has not passed the Windows logo (or sth like that as I hadn't seen that warning message for ages) appeared. Although it felt absolutely strange, I clicked the continue anyway but the warning reappeared! Anyway, I kept continuing and it kept popping up till guess what, my PPPoE connection disconnected. I clicked on it to reconnect and boom! "Error 769: The specific destination is not reachable" was the only thing I was receiving! The BWMeter 4.1.1 installation window has also disappeared without being installed at all! I couldn't breath and was feeling like crying. I decided to restart the Windows as there was nothing to uninstall and wait for a miracle to happen and that very miracle was the XP "last known good configuration" option. Oh my dear God,I chose it and everything got back to normal. I searched through my backup discs and happily found the good old BWMeter 2.4.2. It installed like a charm and is running now.
I still don't know why bwmeter 4.1.1 caused me such an havoc. I even didn't manage to try it for a second as it never finished its installation just disabling my pppoe connection! I don't know, maybe it has some bugs or compatibility issues. I am on the Windows XP (SP2) Professional edition and I downloaded the 4.1.1 version from the developers' own site.
"Very good traffic monitor"
Version: BWMeter 4
This software can separate LAN traffic from Internet. Very useful for keeping track of allowable monthly bandwidth from ISP.
Competitive software: both DU Meter and Netmeter lumps all network traffic together. This is useless for knowing how much bandwith is still available each month B4 reaching or exceeding your limits.
GUI is not as intuitive as Netmeter.
"Good system with faults i couldn't overcome"
Version: BWMeter 3.1
I liked the idea of offering 2 Upload-Download meters - One for LAN and the other for the internet. All the statistics one could want was excellent !!
Couldn't see the meter with browser open - had to go back to desktop screen to read it ... Double-clicking on the system-tray icon would bring up the BWMeter control panel which was ok though i really would prefer the BarGraphMeter to pop-up instead..
Version: BWMeter 3.1
Do all i need and has simple ui.
"Exactly like DU Meter...but $10 more expensive."
Version: BWMeter 2.3.2
Looks and feels exactly like DU Meter.
A little more customizable than DU Meter.
But, for a clone of DU Meter obviously trying to feed off the popularity of DU Meter, who is going to pay $30 for a clone of a product which is $20???
Just stick with DU Meter...or if you want something free that clones DU Meter, try NetMeter available from here: readerror.gmxhome.de
Version: BWMeter 2.3.2
small size, easy interface,measures hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, yearly download. max speed limit can be customized,stop traffic option,graphs(LAN,Internet)etc.. etc..
the skin should be worked upon to make it look more attractive.