BOOM is an arcade game in the grand tradition, bringing the playability and feel of the glorious 8-bit consoles on the Macintosh.
It can be described as "Bomberman meets Doom". Actually, I took the basic Bomberman idea and dropped it in a "Super-Deformed Doom" scenario (whatever this means). As a space trooper your mission is to penetrate 8 alien infested areas, each one divided in 10 sub-zones, eliminate all enemies using your bombs and finally kick the Big Alien Boss back to where he came from.
BOOM's main features are:
- Smooth sprite based animations in 256 colors
- 8 soundtracks and multi-channel sound effects
- Simultaneous two players action
- 80 different levels
- 10 different enemy characters varying in intelligence and weaponry
- Mid-game monsters and a final Super Boss
- Online high scores
What's new in this version:
- New In-App Store.
- Fixed a bug in the update check functionality.
- A few minor bug fixes and code improvements.
- Updated Help.