CNET Editors' review
BLT--Better Link Tester, formerly known as Braxton's Link Tester--is a fast, simple Web-development utility for verifying the quality of links (and avoiding "the dreaded 404 error").
The acquisition and name change of BLT seems to be good news for this app, with several important bug fixes in this initial rerelease.
From Before Dawn Solutions:
BLT (Braxton's Link Tester) is a Shareware link checker for Mac OS X.
Easy to Use - Use BLT just as you would a web browser. Type in your address, or use a file browser, and sit back and watch. Quickly filter the results by status or by text. Results can be viewed either "flat" or as a "tree."
Document Based - Create BLT Documents that remember the settings and results from previous checks. Control the default document settings in the Preferences.
Export - Create HTML, CSV/Text, or OmniGraffle files from the results. Exporting is done through loadable bundles, so you can write your own exporters to expand BLT.
OS X Friendly - Uses the same URL caching mechanism as Safari, uses the Keychain for authenticated sites, results filtering by search field, etc.
More Products to Consider
- Design, develop, and maintain standards-based websites and appl...
- Affinic Debugger Graphical User Interface (GDB) for Mac OS X.
- Updates Java components.
- Create web sites and blogs.
- Y2K fixes for the web publishing software.
- Edit audio, add audio effects on Mac OS X easily.
- Show or hide all hidden files on your mac.
- Mac OS X development environment.
- Code for the web from a truly new one-window interface.
- Komodo Edit: Free multi-platform, multi-language editor: Perl, ...
- Daily comic viewer/reader.
- Transform PDF image files into JPG or PICT image files.
- Write your programs with a graphical programming language and d...
- Checks for broken links on your site.
- For developing MySQL databases.
- Manage business database applications.
- Program images, animation and interactions.
- Quickly creates compressed disk images.
- Search Engine Suggestions can be good and very useful when you ...
- XHTML, HTML, HTML5, CSS and RSS 2.0 editor.
- Popular HTML & text editor.
- Hides email addresses from email indexing spiders.
- Widget posts net search results to NoteTaker.
- Real Studio plugin control to create split views in forms.
All versions:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
Current version:3.0 stars
out of 1 votes
My rating:Write review
Results 1-1 of 1
"Works well, for small sites"
Version: BLT 1.0.4
Fast and easy to use link checker.
Crashes a lot when scanning a large site. No recovery of scan state during crash. It would be nice to be able to go back to a scan and pick up where it left off when it crashed.
Great for a quick link check on a smaller site. If you need something more robust, look elsewhere.