CNET Editors' review
With the sheer number of strategy games available on the market, it is very difficult to find a truly original and interesting application that will both stimulate the brain and keep it engaged for long periods of time. Auralux is definitely one that will meet the needs of even the most discerning users. It combines colorful images, amazing sound, strategy, and intense action.
The 27MB size of Auralux can be daunting compared to other strategy games, but the sacrifice in memory is well worth it. The game's user interface features very vivid colors and smooth graphics. The dark background is brilliantly highlighted with the colorful accents. This is a strategy game that is both easy to learn and challenging. The user is given a glowing orb, which the game calls "sun." This sun produces tiny orbs that are color coded to each sun. Each small orb is considered one unit, and the sun produces units at regular intervals. The goal of the game is to use these units to overcome the opponent's sun. The app offers a great tutorial that guides new users through the basics of the game and its strategy. Auralux is very heavy on CPU usage, though. Some devices with older processors may experience freezing or crashing. For best results all other applications should be deactivated.
Auralux offers a lot of fun. Users will find it easy to become engrossed in the game. While it may be a bit heavy on the CPU usage it is well worth it. This game is recommended for those looking for a challenging, thought-provoking, and time-consuming game.
From War Drum Studios:
Auralux is an abstract, essentialized, and simplified real-time strategy game. It is currently only available for Tegra-based phones and tablets, but we will be opening it up to more devices very soon as we verify the best experience on each device!
You command only one type of unit and have only one type of order to give those units. You and your opponents start the game with precisely equal resources. Quick reflexes will get you nowhere. The only path to victory is through clever strategy.
Auralux features a slow, floating feel and vibrant minimalistic graphics. The entire game pulses to the rhythm of ambient music, and the player's actions evoke sounds that smoothly coalesce into melody.
This game is designed to provide a relaxing, cerebral experience. Every choice matters, and only the best strategies will succeed.
More Products to Consider
- The sequel to the smash hit phenomenon that took the world by s...
- Play classic Nintendo platformer game on your Android device.
- View IPL 6 live score and schedule.
- Dr. Driving drives you crazy!.
- 4 Pics 1 Word - What's the word in common for 4 pictures?.
- Ride rippin' waves and dodge great whites in the best surfing g...
- One of the most addictive and entertaining physics based drivin...
- Think you have what it takes to adopt a POU? How will YOU custo...
- Trailblaze in this new standard for mobile racing game.
- 5 Boulder Dash games in 1!.
- Hours and hours of Play. Single and Multi-Player.
- Do you like driving big vehicles? Then you have to try Bus Simu...
- Play the most addictive physics-based car & bike racing game.Fe...
- Galaxy Unknown is a retro space shooter game sure to bring back...
- In a world of might and magic, are you strong enough to dominat...
- Gun Hockey is a new air hockey type game with a twist! Shoot th...
- Dungeon Lurk Adventures - A True Classic Point and Click Action...
- Logo Quiz is the #1 ranked Logo Guessing Game on Google Play.
- Realistic 3D Yatzy game with many features; play solo, pass'n p...
- Octopus ball brain Traininggame!!.
- Play a classic multi-directional shooter video game.
- Move your guys and watch them come alive and fight in this hila...
- 4 Pictures 1 Word. Can you guess whats the word ?.
- The game is made in the style of Angry Birds.